Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thank U

Last week I was invited on a quick trip to New Orleans with some friends, and I'd never been to New Orleans so I jumped at the chance. I made this card to thank them for a fun time.


I used my Silhouette to cut out the shape of the USA from Kraft card stock and also for the states of Ohio and Louisiana from Wild Cherry cardstock. Then I added two rhinestones for Cincinnati and New Orleans and coloured them yellow with my Y26 copic marker. I added a dashed line and used the You Move Me Die-namics to cut out the airplane from Whip Cream cardstock. The patterned paper is from the October Afternoon Boarding Pass collection.

I used the High-Rise Alphabet Uppercase Die-namics to cut out the "thank u" from Nightshift Blue cardstock and added some zig-zag stitching around the edges. I kept this card simple and to the point.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Dana White said...

Really your silhouette?! A perfect thank you card for your trip.

Caroline said...

Fabulous card how very clever. Caroline xxx

Inge Groot said...

How clever! Great idea Karen to make this card very personal, love it :D

Leslie said...

Brilliant! I'll bet they loved it!!

Patrice said...

Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-46.html

Maria said...

Sweeeet! Love all the color! Sweet state of Ohio of where I live also...near Toledo, NW Ohio! This is the perfect thank you card for your friends! I'm sure they'll love it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so cute, Love the card design