Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sew Special

Today I played with the Sew Nifty stamps and Die-namics set from My Favorite Things and used the CR84FN66 colour challenge, along with the sketch PP119 from the Paper Players.


I started by stamping the sentiment at the bottom of the Kraft panel with Memento Tuxedo black then I ran it through my Vagabond with the Textile embossing folder. I layered it onto Steel Grey card stock and used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics to cut out the floral patterned paper flag.

I used the Open Scallop Doily Duo Die-namics to cut out the Whip Cream circle then I "stitched" some Flax Twine through the holes. I added a little bling for some sparkle. I used the Sew Nifty Die-namics to cut out the thread spool from Kraft and the scissors from Steel Grey then I wrapped more Flax Twine around the spool. The two patterned papers are from the On the Bright Side Two and Portobello Road paper pads, both by My Mind's Eye.

On the inside I used the Small Scallop Border Die-namics to cut out the Kraft scallop piece and stamped another sentiment from the set.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Leslie said...

Nice! I really like the "sewing" you did around the circle and threading the twine through the scissors - clever!!

Danni said...

You are just so creative!! Wow!! This is amazing!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness, this is so stinkin' cute!! Love the spun thread, your stitching and those scissors are to "die" for! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Patrice said...

Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-44.html

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love the sewing theme! Your spool of twine and the little scissors embellishment add such a sweet touch! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

LeAnne said...

All the cute details you put into this card make it one of the cutest I've seen in a while! I love anything sewing-themed anyway! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, I love the embossed background, and the sweet little scissors charm.
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Shannon White said...

Oh I LOVE this Karen!! Such a Pretty and Sweet card! Love your spool of Bakers twine and Fab embossed BG too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Vicki Burdick said...

OMG, Karen, I SOOOOOO LOVE this card!! The colors are wonderful and I am in love with those cute scissors, I need to check out that die!!!

Crafty Cath said...

"Sew" very creative! I love the addition of the twine and scissor die! And your inspiration photo was portrayed beautifully!

Deborah Frings said...

I just adore the thread reel and scissors! There's so much detail in your card with the embossed background, the stitching and the sweet gems too! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Heather Rogers said...

This is "sew" cute! I love the twine around the spool and cute little pair of scissors. Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)