Saturday, November 24, 2012

Joy

My card today features the recently released Winter Wreath Die-namics from My Favorite Things. I don't know how this die slipped under my radar during November teasers, but it did, so it was high time to remedy the situation.


I used this week's Colour Throwdown, CTD219, for the non-traditional holiday colour combo. This one seems so fresh to me...love it! The layout is DS78 (well, mostly it's DS78...with a slight alteration). I started with the base layers of Blue Raspberry and Steel Grey cardstock. Then I used the High Tea Doily Die-namics to cut out the Sno Cone doily. The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland collection. I used the wider of the flags from First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics to cut out the Blue Raspberry flag behind the white square, but it was just a little too short, so I snipped it down the middle and split it apart in the back. A perfect solution to have it sticking out from both sides.

I used the Winter Wreath Die-namics to cut out three wreaths from silver cardstock then layered them onto the Sweet Tooth square. I cut out two bows from Blue Raspberry, trimmed the tails off one of them, them layered them for a little dimension. I finished the front by stamping a sentiment from Seasonal Sentiments with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from Seasonal Sentiments and used the Simply Scallops Medium Die-namics to cut out the Blue Raspberry scallop.

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love the colour combination and the wreath is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Queen Mary said...

Karen this is beautiful! I love what you did with the bow and the silver wreath is really nice!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! LOVE the silver branches for the wreath! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Michele Boyer said...

LOVE your silver wreath! SO pretty!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, this is beautiful, Karen...love the silver wreath and how you used the doily in the background!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!