Thursday, November 29, 2012

Be Merry

Did you know the December Guest Designer Challenge for My Favorite Things is in full swing? It's a fabulous sketch and you could win a slew of MFT products, so you really should play along. Read all the details in THIS THREAD on Splitcoast.


I created a sweet Christmas card using the sketch, to give you a little inspiration. This sketch leaves plenty of room for interpretation, so have fun with it! The card base is Whip Cream card stock, layered with Paver Red. I used the seeing spots embossing folder on the Kraft cardstock layer before stitching it to the Whip Cream layer.

I used Pure Innocence Holly Girl. I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo black onto X-Press It Blending Card then coloured her with copic markers. Her dress is paper pieced with one of the patterns from the Bazzill Basics Believe paper pad. I used the Tag You're It Die-namics to cut out the tag shape from script paper then inked the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I added a loop of Paver Red grosgrain ribbon tied with a Whip Cream button and Hemp cord.

For the sentiment I used the Sentiment Strips Die-namics to cut out the Whip Cream strip then inked the edges again with Frayed Burlap. I added a Paver Red felt snowflake, which I cut out using the medium size of the Let It Snowflake Die-namics.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from Pure Innocence Holly Girl and added some holly leaves and berries, which I cut out using the Jumbo Christmas Stocking Die-namics.

Good luck if you throw your name into the ring for the December Guest Designer Contest!

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card the image and layout are fabulous. Caroline xx

Leslie said...

That IS a great sketch! Sweet, sweet Holly Girl!

Dana White said...

I agree what a great sketch & I love how you used a tag for your image