Saturday, November 10, 2012

Never Forget

It's Veterans Day here in the United States and Remembrance Day in Canada and I wanted to make a card to mark the occasion and give thanks to all the veterans.


For the image I used Inspired by Flowers 3 from My Favorite Things. I stamped the poppy with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It bending card then coloured it with copic markers. I cut it out using the Circle 1 STAX Die-namics then I inked around the image with Antique Linen Distress Ink.

The layout is FMS60 but I elongated the two strips because my focal point was a little large. The patterned papers are from the Teresa Collins Fabrications collection. I used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics to cut out the red patterned paper then used the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics to cut out the Wild Cherry layer. The base layers are Kraft and Jellybean Green and the card base is Whip Cream. I added some pearls to finish off the card. I didn't add any words or sentiments because I think the poppy speaks volumes.

Never forget.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful card and thank you for remembering! We had our moment of silence here too.

Dana White said...

Kar this is beautiful!!

Queen Mary said...

Karen, this is gorgeous! Beautiful coloring, beautiful sentiment.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card, Karen! Love your coloring and the occasion!

Linda Suarez said...

Wow! Karen this is so beautiful! What amazing coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Allisa said...

Fabulous job coloring your image! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! Fabulous use of the markers and blending! Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!