Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Joy {MFTWSC100}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 100. Woot Woot for one hundred fabulous sketches!!! It really seems like just yesterday that MFT started the weekly sketch challenge. Thanks MFT!

I have another Christmas card to share today, using à la modes Sparkling Season. Are you getting sick of Christmas cards yet? I'm definitely not tired of making them, but I think I already have enough cards for this year, thanks to making holiday cards all year long. It's such a feeling of relief at this time of year to have so many "in the  hopper".


I started with a card base of Whip Cream then added layers of Paver Red and Kraft card stocks. The patterned papers are from the Carta Bella Christmas Day collection and I ran the burgundy piece through my modern wallpaper embossing folder. I used the Chat Bubbles Die-namics for the little Kraft accent in the top right corner and stamped "Joy" from à la modes Sparkling Season. I added some Paver Red grosgrain ribbon to the horizontal strip.

For the image, I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It blending card, then coloured her with copic markers. I love the vintage-y feel of the colours I chose for her clothes...especially her camel boots! I paper pieced the ornament and popped it on foam boosters for some dimension. To jazz it up even more I gave it a generous coating of glossy accents then sprinkled on a little glitter.

Here's a shot of the dimension on the ornament.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the set and added a strip of ornament paper.


There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC100. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!

Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Leslie said...

I love Wednesdays at 12 noon! Sweet card! Christal and I both oooohed at it. She loves the boots, I love the hair and ornament!

Caroline said...

Hi Karen this is gorgeous I love the design and papers and the image is adorable. Caroline xxx

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous, girl! love that shimmery ornament.

Melody said...

So cute! LOVE the ornament!

Anonymous said...

Girl, this is frigin awesome!!

Dana White said...

Oh she is cute love the shiny ball!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Karen! Love her blonde hair ;) and shimmery ornament!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, I love it

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh she is SO pretty, Karen...beautifully coloured! I love how you popped up the Christmas ornament...absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs,t