Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Merry Everything {MFTWSC99}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 99.

I didn't get a chance to ink up the new Pure Innocence Elf Girl during teaser week so I put her to work on my card today.


I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then layered some Wild Cherry and Sour Apple card stock and stitched them together. I used the Small Scallop Border Die-namics for the vertical element and topped it with Wild Cherry grosgrain ribbon.

The patterned papers are from the Doodlebug Santa's Workshop collection. I stamped Pure Innocence Elf Girl with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending card, twice. Once for the base image and a second time so I could cut out her belt and collar. Then I stamped her again onto patterned paper to paper piece her outfit. The rest of her was coloured with copic markers and I added tiny red rhinestones to her shoes. I couldn't resist adding  a little bell to her hat, along with some white liquid appliqué (which I let dry a couple of hours before I puffed it up in order to get smaller puffs). I used the Ticket Tab Die-namics to cut out the Sweet Tooth and Sour Apple tabs, then layered them offset a little and stamped the sentiment with Wild Cherry ink.

On the inside I stamped her again with Wild Cherry ink, but I stamped off once so the image would be lighter. Then I added another sentiment from the set with black ink.

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC99. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!

Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

What a sweet little miss elf :)

Caroline said...

Beautiful card the image is adorable and the layout is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Leslie said...

Freeeeeakin' cute! I adore that little bell on her hat and the bling on her shoes! Could have used an elf or two last weekend! :)

Dana White said...

Oh she is super cute. The paper pieced outfit is perfect and I love the little bell

Michele Boyer said...

Soooo cute! The little plaid outfit is adorable!