Sunday, November 18, 2012

Poinsettia Birthday

Today I have a birthday card that uses the Poinsettia Die-namics from My Favorite Things as an accent.

I have a few friends with birthdays in December so I thought the Poinsettia Die-namics was a perfect floral accent for a December birthday.


I started with the layout, FTL217, from the Clean and Simple blog (although this doesn't look so clean and simple, but it really was quick and easy to make) and paired it with patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Everyday Flair collection. The card base is Sweet Tooth cardstock then I layered on some Paver Red. I embossed the Kraft layer with the modern wallpaper embossing folder.

I used the smaller size of the Poinsettia Die-namics to cut out two polka dot flowers, then folded the petals along the center vein for some dimension. The leaves were cut from Jellybean Green cardstock and I added a rhinestone to the flower center for a touch of sparkle.

For the sentiment I used the Designer Labels 4 STAX Die-namics to cut out the patterned paper then stamped a sentiment from Big Greetings using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. For the decorative edge I used the Double Scallop Border Die-namics to cut out the patterned paper and topped it with a strip of Lemon Drop grosgrain ribbon.

On the inside I used a slightly larger size from the Designer Labels 4 STAX Die-namics again to cut out the sentiment panel. The sentiment is from the All Smiles stamp set.

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Karen the poinsettia is beautiful as is the layout and design. Caroline xxx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, I love the the colors and the flower is fabulous.

Heather P. said...

This is totally fab!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Karen! Love the poinsettia out of polka dot PP and all the great dimension!

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful, Karen! love the color scheme for this fun and clever Christmas/Birthday card!