Thursday, February 25, 2010

True North Strong and Free

My super talented designer friend Nancy McKinney at Card Worthy created some fun Canadian digi images and she's giving them away on her blog!!! So if you're feeling a little patriotic, like I am, then pop over and grab the freebies! This is just three of the images/sentiments in the PDF download. I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge, MTSC62, for the layout.

Canada had an amazing day at the Olympics yesterday with four medals, two in the women's bobsled!!! Wooo Hoooo!!! Then our men's hockey team looked like someone lit a fire under they're butts in the game again Russia, with a 7-3 win. The Canada-Russia hockey rivalry goes back decades and this is the first time Canada has beaten Russia in hockey at the Olympics in fifty years!!! Go Team!!! I'm just thankful to CNBC that they're broadcasting the games here in the US because I'll be glued to my tv again Friday night for the semi-final game. I'm keeping my fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed that the finals on Sunday will be a re-match of Canada vs USA. And the Canadian women's hockey team plays for gold tonight against the USA. Go Canada Go!!! And I can't forget about the women's figure skating free skate tonight...I'm rooting for Joannie Rochette all the way. She's so inspiring to be able to skate such a wonderful program so recently after the death of her mother...that is Olympic strength!!! Gosh...I'm gonna need multiple tv's going at once! I can't DVR anything either because I'm taping Grey's and my other regular shows...perhaps I'll get my excercise tonight running from room to room watching different tvs!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Dana White said...

Love this card I am totally using this image for all my thank you's that I need to make for the Olympics!! Greys is a repeat tonight so now worries my BFF!!

paula tracy williamson said...

This is awesome Karen! I love your Canadian Maple leaf over there. I visit Emily and Linda so often, I am starting to feel a little bit Canadian! :) Cool gloves too!

Nancy said...

Karen, I can't believe you whipped this up so quickly...it's like these images were made for you! L-O-V-E it!!!

Ida said...

Your card is wonderful.
I've got to admit though that I'm rooting Team USA (sorry).

Jess Willison said...

LOVE it! GO CANADA! Thanks Karen - I am downloading these now!

Alex said...

What a great card!!!!! I always have such a hard time because I am true blue USA but love my Canadian neighbors so I root for them too - they have soooo well!!!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Robin McK said...

Wowzer! Thank you so much for the giveaway!