Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beary Christmas

It's time for my Christmas-card-of-the-week. I find that to be motivated to make Christmas cards at this time of year, I need to work with new stamps. Problem? Not for me!!!  :)  I indulged in some sweet new Christmas sets from The Cat's Pajamas. Am I the only weirdo ordering Christmas stamps in the new year?!?!
For my card today I wanted to play along with the TCP Tuesday challenge. This week's it's hosted by Amy Rohl and the challenge is to paper piece...perfect...I love paper piecing! I reached for the bear from my Give A Little set and used last week's sketch challenge, SC266, from Splitcoast for the layout.

The bear is completely paper pieced and the honey pot and candy cane are coloured with copics. I added white Liquid Applique to his hat for the fur trim and glittered up the candy cane with my uber sparkly Glitzy Glitter. His eyes were a little lost on the chocolate patterned paper so I went over them with my black Glaze pen to bring them out a little more. The patterned papers are all from the SU Ski Slope pack.

The sentiment is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Riding Hood Red then cut out with a small scallop rectangle Nestabilities and I stitched around the edge to give it a little oomph. I couldn't resist adding a zig zag stitch along the outside edges and you had to know that there would be a ghost snowflake on here somewhere...wink! There's a chocolate circle under the ghost snowflake to help it stand out a little more, then a punched Baja Blue snowflake topped with a lovely button from my new Sweet Thing Buttons Pack.


A few of you have told me that you hopped on my Christmas-card-a-week wagon and that's awesome!!! You'll be soooooo happy in December...trust me! If you're not on the wagon, it's never to late to hop on!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

chris said...

Oh karen youve done it again, its just pefection.
back soon love chris xx

Ann Kranitz said...

Loving that sweet paper pieced bear. What a sweet idea!!

Danni said...

How cute is this!! Love that bear all paper pieced! Adorable!

Unknown said...

Oh my WORD do I love this! So cute cute cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if I got this Xmas card early, I wouldn't mind! Freakin' awesome girl!

Leslie said...

Cuuuute! I cannot believe you paper pieced his ear!!!! Okay, I can! :)

Alex said...

Super cute card Karen, that paper pieced bear is adorable and this is such a great Christmas card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Janet said...

omg he is so cute!!
hugs

Jodi Collins said...

ACK! LOVE this! I SO regret not picking this set up at CHA...I think I need to go order it!!