Friday, February 26, 2010

A Bellarific Winner!

Happy Bellarific Friday everyone!!! The theme for this week was Winter/Winter Sports in honour of the Winter Olympics. Didja play along? Huh...didja???   :)
When the theme was first announced my mind immediately went to DaisyboardaBella but I knew I could come up with something else if I looked carefully through my six Bella Bindahs (yes...six...and they're overflowing...I'll be needing another very soon!). Then I found First-place-aBella...wooo hoooo!!!! With the way Canada's been performing in these Olympics, this image is absolutely perfect!

I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella's Bestest Cream Paper and coloured her with copics. Now, I realize she's dressed more like a summer Olympian but I'm thinking that she's just had the best competition of her life...she was on fire actually, and she was so hot that she had to strip off her competition outfit for the medal ceremony...wink! (Maybe she's one of the players from the Canadian Women's Hockey team that wond GOLD last night!!!) Bella is cut out with Labels 8 Nestabilities then I hand cut the blue mat and left the nestie in place while I pierced around the edge.

My fellow Babe Joanneabella is having a huge blog candy giveaway with challenges and this week's challenge is to use sewing and Kraft cardstock on your card...hence my colour combo. I don't often use Kraft but I really should reach for it more often...maybe I'll keep a piece on my table to remind me. The patterned paper is from my October Afternoon Good Cheer 8x8 pack. I like to think the sheet music is for O' Canada (but I know it's not). I stitched the ribbon into pleats but then covered most of it up...doh! And I've been wanting to do one of the fabulous flowers I see in blog land so I went for it on this card...it's to mimic the lovely bouquet she's holding. I used this tutorial on Mercy's Blog and I really love how it turned out with a mix of the two patterned papers. I finished the card with a sentiment banner tucked under the flower.

Next week's Bellarific Friday Challenge is Polka Dots - Big or Small We Love Them All!!! Email your submission to Em (emily@stampingbella.com) by next Thursday evening to be included in the weekly round-up and you may just win some Bella Bucks for participating!

I'm looking forward to seeing all this week's entries on Bloggabella. I hope you'll join me there and leave some love while you're there for another chance at winning Bella Bucks!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Love it! Those flowers are so cool and all the rage now.

Melisa Hunter said...

What a super cute card! Love the layout, the bright cheery colours and the flowers!

Dina said...

Karen this card is PERFECTION!! I love that you went with this Bella, and I love the layout!! Those flowers are amazing too, great job and so what if she's in shorts ;)!

chris said...

Hi there Karen
this is pefection itself
blown away again!
c x

The Spotted Chick said...

How cute!! What a great image to choose for the Olympics. Love the colors you chose as well. You're #1 sistah!!

Ida said...

Super Fun!

Christyne said...

WOOT! GO CANADA!!!

Robin McK said...

I don't have any sporty stamps, so I couldn't play this time. But I LOVE your card! The sheet music is perfect!
Go Canada!

Christy Croll (tiddly inks) said...

I love how you used the music paper flowers to match the background...so clever. :)