Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Go Canada Go!!!

I've become a total TV junkie watching the Olympics, and I don't even really like watching sports on tv. I love live sports, but I can't help catching the Olympic fever!!! After all, Canada's the host and I AM Canadian!!! (oooh, I should have spelled that with different colours the way they do in the Molson beer add...LOL!!!).

In case you hadn't heard, Canada won it's second gold medal yesterday, in women's Snowboard Cross. Woo Hoo Maelle Ricker...WAY TO GO!!!
Yes, I'm a complete nerd and I took a picture of the tv screen at the end of the run!!! Talk about a super cool sport though...OMG...they literally fly down that course and really catch air on the jumps. But I'm finding the tv coverage here to be pretty pathetic...I'm wishing I'd planned my trip to visit my BFF for now instead of March, because in Canada they have coverage of the Olympics pretty much 24/7 on three different channels (and no, that's not just because the Games are in Canada...there's always great coverage). She called me this afternoon as the Snowboard Cross was happening and I told me we'd won the gold, and I knew I'd have to wait til tonight to see the run televised...boo! But, at least it was televised here even though there weren't any US boarders in the finals.
When Dana told me about the gold medal I knew I had to ink up my Canadian Girl and make a card to celebrate. I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch, MTSC61, for the layout.


She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured with copics. The patterned paper is from October Afternoon's Night Lite collection and the solids are real red and a little black thrown in for contrast (I know it's not an official Canadian colour but hey, Ricker's snowboard pants were black so I figure it was acceptable). The word Canada is a stamp I picked up in the $ bin at Micheals a couple years ago (in Canada) and I spelled "go" with white American Craft Thickers. A little sewing and a big red bow finish the details.
Are you watching the Olympics? Is it me or does there seem to be more action in the Winter Olympics? I guess I'm really a Canadian girl at heart because I find the Winter Olympics way more fun to watch than the Summer Olympics. So who are you cheering for? Whomever it is, I say "Go Team Go!!!".

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

You sound like me. I don't watch sports on TV, but when the Olympics come, especially being in Canada, I'm an Olympic junkie! First Alex and then Maelle...We were on the edge of our seats when Maelle went for gold and it was AWESOME! Congrats to ALL our athletes!! What an exciting time for Canada. I'm thinking metals for our hockey teams as well, I won't say what color so I don't jinx them! LOL! AWESOME card and love your pic! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love it girlfriend! She is by far my favorite Prettie stamp, for obvious reasons! Love the layout and everything you did with her! I am watching whenever I can. I asked my boss if we could put a TV on to watch some of the big events and it was a no go (must be American, LOL)! I was talking to Dana last night and she is the same! I hope her housekeeper can get her to move so she can clean the chip bags and pop cans around her!! LOL Can't wait to see ya!

Dana White said...

WOHOO go CANADA!! I would be so sad if I was in your place because I'm a sports junkie at the best of times let alone now! Any room I'm in the Olympics are on & in response to Wendy; yes I just moved to different couches when my housekeeper was here :)
LOVE this Card - I need her!!

Marisa said...

You go ahead and cheer for all us Canadians and show the US we have spirit LOL! I have gotten little done myself due to the wonder of the Olympics. We live near Vancouver so can't wait to go down town and check things out first hand :D Was SOOOOO exciting to finally win Gold, not once but twice already - Yeah!!! If you want a great way to track the Olympics, google VANOC and once you are there you can get some live streaming - it's wonderful.

Great card too by the way :D

Miche said...

YAY CANADA!!!! I know what you mean about being glued to the TV...I prefer the summer games (I'm totally a summer girl) but it is amazing to see Canada win on our own turf! Awesome card, I think I need to get myself this stamp!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Go Canada! It's funny, I don't watch TV at all, not even the Olympics, but I actually caught Maelle's winning run live! It was exciting, and I had tears in my eyes!

Fabulous card! Great colours...of course and the sentiment is perfect!

Leslie said...

Great card and I REALLY mean that! :) I have been invaded by some sort of olympian alien force....I am hooked, addicted, mesmerized, I can't get enough of the Olympics! I even had it on at work today and watched (along with my patients!) the women's downhill and we cheered on our Canadians and eeewwwed and cringed at some of those crashes - ouch! GO CANADA GO!

Dawn Easton said...

Karen! This card is PERFECTION!!
We are lucky here in Canada to have most events broadcasting LIVE all the time! It's awesome. CTV is doing a FAB job with it and they even tell you if you want to see such and such live go to TSN or SNET to see it. They are sharing the love!! lol!
We have the Olympics on almost all day/evening here.
Eh Oh Canada Go! ;)

Cheryl LeBeau said...

Love your card...I'm American, but I too have been hooked on watching the Olympics and find myself rooting for Canada right along with the US. I'm glad that you're our northern neighbors 'cause Canadian's rock!! Congrats on the medals for your country!!!

Christie Ortman said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Karen - perfection in every way!