Wednesday, February 10, 2010

All Boxed Up

I feel like I'm finally getting into the swing of things after a fun-filled weekend in Miami for Super Bowl. The weekend was packed with activities, late nights, early mornings, and it totally wiped me out. I got home Monday morning and was basically a couch potato for the rest of the day. Sigh...does this mean I'm getting old?!?! Yesterday I did all the post-vacation running around and groceries and a smidge of stamping. Today I feel like I've got a handle on life again and I spent some time in my stamp room...I love my stamp room...it's my happy place!
I still need a few more birthday cards before the end of the month so I reached for my All Boxed Up aBella image from Stamping Bella. This card's going to my Mom...I wish I could box myself up and ship myself to her house for a visit. The layout is this week's Mojo sketch, Mojo125.

In my mind I pictured this image with purples and greens so I reached for my favourite purple patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Penny Lane...LOVE it!!! This could very well be the first papers I actually use up completely...I barely have any of it left...sniff sniff! It's not even that I love purple or anything like that, but I really love these papers. I've also found that purples are fab to work with in Copic markers...they seem to blend beautifully!

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella's Bestest Paper and coloured her with copics. I cut out the purple gift, ran it through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and popped it for dimension. I added a little shimmer to the bows with a purple Spica glitter pen.

For the base layers I stitched some Prism Frosted Kiwi to Elegant Eggplant then adhered it to the white card base. The other purple layer is Orchid Opulence (gag! but it works SO well with the patterned paper!). I stamped the sentiment on Frosted Kiwi and punched it out with my SU modern label punch, then anchored it with two medium lilac Glitter Dots.

Have you heard about the Bella Blog hop this coming Saturday? The sign-ups are closed now but I hope to see you on the hop because there's $25 Bella Bucks to be had by one lucky hopper! The fun starts at 11am EST on Bloggabella.

Also, this week's Bellarific Friday challenge is a Valentine theme and Em's giving away Bella Bucks to one lucky participant. You have until Thursday evening to email your submission to Em. All the details are on Bloggabella.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Candace said...

Love, love, love your card, Karen! It is so pretty and fun! You went to Miami for the Super Bowl?! I am so jealous! I've been blogging all about it even though I wasn't there.

Danni said...

Oh my!! Do you need my address?? I totally {heart} this card, especially how you did the present! Awesome job!

Leslie said...

SO pretty - love the bright colours!

Cheryl said...

Oh my Karen, this one ROCKS!!! What a fun image....it just pops off!! Love your 3-D look, that yummy ribbon and you did another fantastic coloring job too! Love this Mojo, and hope I can play along this week too! : )

Robin McK said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the colouring and that embossed present!

Anonymous said...

O..M..G..look at this one! I am totally going to case it! LOVE the purple!

Dina said...

FANTASTIC!!! The colors are great, love the textured box too! Great layout!

dstandard said...

WOW This is fabulous - love the purple and your adorable image!