Monday, February 15, 2010

Celebrating 100 Sketches at TE

You know how much I love sketches, well Taylored Expressions is celebrating the 100th sketch challenge!!! Woo hoo!!! Congratulations Taylor...that's a lot of fabulous sketches!!!
Of course every celebration needs a prize, eh! First, grab the sketch celebration badge from Taylor's blog. One random winner will be chosen from everyone who helps spread the love. Read the contest details on Taylor's blog. Another way to win is by playing along with the sketch challenge. Simply link your project using the Mr. Linky on Taylor's blog before Friday, Feb 19th at 8am PST. Five winners will be chosen to win a $25 TE gift certificate. So grab your stamps and play along!!!
For my card I wanted to make a birthday card. I've had this idea in my head ever since I received my Animals in Love stamps. I paired the Turtles in Love with Beary Special Accessories for this delightful card. I love looking at images, letting my imagination take over, and coming up with other ways to use them.

I masked off the other turtle and the hearts then I stamped the single turtle with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White. I used my stamp-a-majig to position the balloon exactly where I wanted it. Then I used a combination of paper piecing and colouring with copic markers to finish the image.
The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye Brilliant collection. I ran the plaid paper through my swiss dots Cuttlebug folder and sanded the dots for a little texture. The solids are Prism intense kiwi, intense teal, and suede brown dark. I added a little "tag" sentiment topped with a green glimmer twill bow then finished the card with three brown brads. I think this card will be going to my dad in March.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Love that layout! I like how you sand the paper after you run it through your FAV :) embossing folder!

Danni said...

Oh now this is so cute!! Fab job!

Janet said...

super cute card! love it:)
hugs

Jess Willison said...

Super cute card!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is darling! I especially like the stitching and the paper piecing!! Great job!

Miche said...

This is sooooo cute!! I love the all the colours you used too!!

Alice said...

so cute!