Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sweet Sunday Cupcakes

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC58. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog, The Sweetest Thing.

I've been a bit of a slacker the last two weeks with my Christmas cards because I've been glued to the tv watching the Olympics (I have the gold medal men's curling on right now as I type this...Go Canada!) so I decided to use today's sketch for my Christmas-card-of-the-week.
I combined images from Season's Sweetings and Home Sweet Home, both from Taylored Expressions. Each Cuppie is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and coloured with copics. Then I cut them out and popped them onto squares of Prism Blush Red Dark. I ran the red squares through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.

The blue snowflake paper is from my October Afternoon Good Cheer 8x8 pack and I layered it onto pink pirouette. There's a ghost snowflake hiding in the cluster of embellishments and a few buttons finish the details along the green glimmer twill.
I know the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have fabulous eye candy to share so let's hop along and visit their blogs.
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Nancy Riley
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

Cute as can be! Those winter cuppies are adorable!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute, Karen!!! Love those cupcakes!!!

Nancy Riley said...

ADORABLE! ... and so very colorful! Love it!

Dina said...

Karen this is fabulous! Cuppie looks super cute, great coloring! The sketch looks great and very cute sentiment!

Lynn Put said...

Darling Christmas Cupcake card Karen! I love the bright holiday colors and your Copic coloring always looks amazing!

jjcreations said...

Cute card!!!! Have a wonderful day from a fellow Canadian.

Karen Giron said...

Mmmmm! Peace, love & cupcakes! Sounds like a good combo to me! Super cute card, Karen - love the colors and papers!! Yummolicious!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Karen, this is SO adorable!

Michelle said...

Darling card and a yummy sentiment!

Alex said...

Super cute card Karen, I love the colors and this set of Taylor's is soooo adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Margaret de Witt said...

Your colouring skills never cease to amaze me Karen. This card is absolutely adorable.

Christy Croll (tiddly inks) said...

Ackkkk... such cute work...Love it! :)