Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sweet Sunday Fishies

It’s time for this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC55. You’ll find the sketch on Karen Giron’s blog The Sweetest Thing.
I’m still on a bit of a lovey dovey kick and when I saw this week’s sketch I knew I had the perfect image. I chose the fun Fish In Love from the Stamps A la Carte-Animals in Love from Taylored Expressions, along with the coordinating saying from the Animal Love Sentiments set. In case you missed the release of these darling animals, Taylored Expressions is offering a Love ‘em All bundle until Monday, Feb 8th. Click here for all the details. 
I stamped the fish with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured them with copics. They’re cut out with circle Nestabilities then I layered them onto a circle of blue and stamped the sentiment. I covered the entire fish bowl with my clear Glaze pen to make it look glassy. 
To fill in the gap left on the blue circle I added orange Tiny Twinkles. It kinda reminds me of a ship’s port hole with the twinkles around it like that. All the papers, ribbon and button are from my September 20th Key Ingredients. I never thought that I’d be using these papers for a fishy Valentine card but the oranges and blues work perfectly! I used two different Cuttlebug folders to add texture to the base layers then stitched around the striped panel. You can’t tell from the photo or the card but I was running critically low on this gorgeous blue ribbon from the kit so I tied my bow first then cut the remainder into two pieces and adhered them to the card...there’s a gap under the fish image but you’d never know it...shhhh, it’s our secret!
I hope you’ll play along with this week’s sketch and link your creation using the Mr. Linky on Karen Giron’s blog. I can’t wait to see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have created so let’s pop over to their blogs now.
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

19 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

Love this Karen!! I've been loving all of your TE cards this week, but especially these cute little individual sets with these animals! I think I'm going to have to pick up a few of these!!

Karen Giron said...

Sooooo cute!!! I am loving this little image with circles - and the twinkles - love 'em!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

OMG...I am not one for cutesy cards, but these TE animals are after my heart; the sentiments are just too cute! Oh man would they be perfect for kids Valentines! Love your fishies, and your ribbon secret is safe with me!!

Leslie said...

Very sweet and I love the twinkles - it does look like a ship's port holes! Love the little saying too!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Soooo flippin' adorable, Karen! You're making me wish I'd picked the fish image! Shoot...guess I'll have to buy it along with the sentiments. That was Taylor's plan all along...wasn't it?! Mmmm hmmm....sneaky girl! ;) It was sooo good to see you at CHA! We need to do a New England get-together sooon! {{{hugs}}}

Candace said...

This is soooo cute!!! The embossing adds the perfect touch. Love that image!

Dina said...

Karen I absolutely ADORE this card!!! First it is perfect for Valentines Day and the sketch looks great!! I love this stamp set, it is so cute and the sentiment always makes me giggle! Love you coloring and the glaze on the fish bowl! The tiny twinkles are the perfect touch as are the embossing and the striped DP, which I just used on a VD card too- love it!! Great job!!

Heather said...

I absolutely love your card! Those fish are great!

Lynn Put said...

Oh my gosh this is perfect for the sketch! These fish are adorable! I love the shimmery fish bowl and tiny twinkles!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Karen! those sweet fish are too fun!

Vicki Burdick said...

so sweet Karen.....its adorable!

chris said...

I LOVE YOUR CARDS!!!!!
Love Chris xx

Margaret de Witt said...

Wow this is so cute and the colouring is amazing.

Krista said...

Cute card ! Love the fish !

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Saucy! Beautiful coloring, perfect papers and this stamp could not be more perfect for the sketch!!!

Aussieleigh said...

Those fish are adorable and your card a hoot - love how all the colours have come together!

Alex said...

Love all these adorable new TE single stamps and these fishies are super cute - adore your card Karen, it turned out fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Donna Baker said...

I love that you made your card look like a porthole in the side of a ship!

Anonymous said...

THis is too cute. I love those images and sentiment, and your colouring is so well done!