Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bellarific Friday on Saturday

Happy Saturday everyone! Did you have a chance to peruse the fabulous creations on Bloggabella for yesterdays Bellarific Friday sketch challenge? If not you’ll have to hop over and take a look.
I {heart} sketch challenges...LOVE ‘em! It’s so neat seeing everyone’s interpretation of the sketch and here’s mine! 
I chose the sweet Coco Has a Cuppycake image from the Green Bean Baby line at Stamping Bella. She’s stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella’s Bestest Paper and coloured with copics. I gave her a shiny hair band with my clear Glaze pen
I wanted a softer look for this card so I chose one of the patterned papers from my old Basic Grey Lily Kate paper pad, which hasn’t seen the light of day in a very long time. I paired it with bashful blue, certainly celery and Prism Suede Brown Medium. The yellow crocheted ribbon is from my stash and I added three cocoa Glitter dots to the corner to help tie in the brown. 
Next week’s Bellarific Friday Challenge is a Valentine’s theme. I hope you’ll play along and email your submission to Em by Thursday evening, Feb 11th. You just might win some Bella Bucks!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Sweet card Karen - love the crocheted ribbon, it really softens the card.

Karen Giron said...

She's so super cute and springy - love her! I'm sure you are glad to be missing all the snow out there!!

The Spotted Chick said...

I love the embossed background and the colors you used. I'm with ya on the sketches, LOVE 'em! Super cute card!!

Danni said...

Oh this is so stinkin' adorable!! Love it!

Denise Marzec said...

Love Love LOVE these colors and that crocheted lace!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

OH MY word is this CUTE CUTE CUTE! LOVE your color combo and she is just the sweetest Karen! You soooo ROCK the bellas!!!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this too Saucy! Such FUN colors and papers! This little gal is on her way to me now!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at her headband! Totally cute!