Monday, February 1, 2010

Beeday Huggabugg

When I sat down to stamp this morning I wasn't really sure what I wanted to stamp. I knew I wanted to make a birthday card to add to my stash, but that was about it. I looked for a sketch and nothing grabbed me so I went to my Stamping Bella images for inspiration. This sweet Bee-day Huggabugg spoke to me and this is the card I came up with.
I pulled out some fun, bright paper, Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday collection (I used Saturday and Sunday), and coloured my image to match. The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella's Bestest Paper, twice, so I could pop the presents for dimension. I added a little sparkle with my yellow and red Spica glitter pens then added two hyacinth Bonbons to the antennas.

The image is cut out with circle Nestabilities and layered onto Prism Intense Orange. I just love how that cute little bee on the patterned paper ended up at the perfect spot right beside my image...another happy accident!

So now for the layout...I'm not in love with it. I don't like the bottom part below the Blush Red Dark scallop border...hmph. I do like the pink colour but I wish I'd stamped the sentiment either over to one side or on a banner, or pretty much anywhere but where I put it. I had it all sewn and assembled though when I stamped the sentiment (gasp!!! WHY did I do that...I always do my stamping before assembling!) so what you see is what you get. I thought the Primas might make it a little better but I don't even really like them either. Oh well...if we don't make mistakes we'll never learn, right?  :)

This week's Bellarific Challenge is a sketch provided by Shannanabella and we hope you'll play along. Simply email your submission to Em by Thursday evening then check back to Bloggabella on Friday to see this week's creations. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

chris said...

Hi karen this is just soooo sweet, love the colours, love it all.
love chris xx

Leslie said...

I was talking to Karen and she gave me permission to post my comment :)

I really like the top half of the card! :)

Cheryl said...

I love my Bee-day Huggabugg stamp! Great job with it Karen...bright, cheery....love the border, and that flower too!

Dina said...

karen this is SUPER cute!! The image is really just darling and I love the layout and DP!! Cute, cute job!

Janet said...

love how bright and cheery this is:) sooooooooo cute!
hugs

Ann Kranitz said...

Love everything about this card!!! You did a super job. Its adorable.

Denise Marzec said...

I just LOVE your coloring! You wow me everytime!

Robin McK said...

Too cute! Love the colouring and the dew drops!