Friday, February 12, 2010

Bellarific Valentine Wishes

Happy Bellarific Friday!!! This week's challenge was a Valentine, or lovey-dovey theme.
I reached for my sweet ApteeTude image from Stamping Bella. The poor little thing has been uninked since I bought her way back when she was released. I know...that's criminal!!!

So I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black ink twice onto Bella's Bestest Cream Paper and coloured her with copics. I cut out the string of hearts (along with her hands and the scissors), covered the hearts with my clear Glaze pen then popped them for dimension.

The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye Be Loved collection and I paired with Prism solids in blush red light, suede brown medium and classic red. I decided to live on the edge a little and stitched with brown thread instead of white! LOL!!! I really like how it turned out!!! The sentiment was calling out for a fun banner and I added two ruby red Bonbons to anchor it.

All the submissions are posted on Bloggabella and they're all so fabulous. You simply must hop over and take a peek! Tomorrow is the Stamping Bella Love Me Do blog hop. It starts at 11am EST on Bloggabella so I'll see you there!!!

Oh, and next week's Bellarific Friday challenge is a colour challenge. Here it is....light blue, orange and pink. Email your submissions to Em by next Thursday night.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Janet said...

awwwwwwwww super cute!
hugs

The Spotted Chick said...

OMG, how do you do such a PERFECT job on paper piecing?? Those little hearts are perfectly cut and I LOVE the 3D effect and the glossy accents. You ARE good sistah!! Great card!

Jodi Collins said...

This is UBER fabulouso Karen! LOVE the layout, papers and all the stitching!!!

Unknown said...

This is SO sweet! I love your colors! Giggle, we used the same stamp again! Cracks me up every time!

Denise Marzec said...

Holy cut work, Batman!! Wowwwwza, LOVE the look of the hearts layered like that. Great stitching and curved sentiment too!

Leslie said...

This is very cute! I really like the layout - I never think to put another circle nestie behind the scallop! You're so clever :)

Leslie said...

Oops.....forgot to say LOVE the coloured stitching!!!

Anonymous said...

You cut out the hearts!!! Ya baby! Love it!

Jackie Pedro said...

Ca-Yute!!! LOVE the dp and all the stitching. Oh, and the coloring, of course, ROCKS!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SOOOO freakin' cute! One of my fave Bellas and I LOVE that MME paper!

Monica said...

Love it!