Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweet Sunday Skiing Snowman

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC56. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog, The Sweetest Thing.
I know it's Valentine's day, so happy Heart Day everyone! But I'm moving on from the lovey dovey cards. Can you tell what inspired my card today??? The Olympics baby!!! They're in my home country of Canada and I'm definitely watching even though we are living in the US now. I'll give you one guess what sport was on when I chose the image for my card today...that's right...skiing! The moguls, to be exact.

Isn't this little skiing snowman totally adorable?!? I picked him up a few months ago from Whipper Snapper and I've just been waiting for the perfect opportunity to ink him up. He's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured with copics. I wanted him to shimmer like snow does in sunshine so I coloured over him with my clear Spica glitter pen. Then I added a layer of clear Glaze pen to his goggles and four Tiny Twinkles for his buttons.

He's layered onto Prism island mist light and the snowflake squares are Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly paper. I stitched them onto a layer of blush red dark. Then I added my fave winter embellishment, a layered ghost snowflake. Oh, I should say that this is also my Christmas-card-of-the-week.  :)

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation using the Mr. Linky widget on Karen Giron's blog.

Now let's go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have created with this week's sketch.


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

15 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is definitely a gold medal winner! He's just too cute! I can't believe all the shimmer you picked up on camera...fabulous!

Karen Giron said...

Super cute little snowman Olympian! Love that paper and of course the ghost snowflake!! Super cute Christmas card = CHECK!

Mary J said...

Great theme! Love your version of the challenge!

Leslie said...

That is too funny. Love how you put him on a slant - looks just like he's taken off down the hill. GO CANADA GO!

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet Karen!

Lynn Put said...

What a fun snowman image and adorable card!

Krista said...

Cute !

Anne Laflamme said...

wow.. super cute... It's so funny...

Stacey Schafer said...

super duper cute!

Nancy Riley said...

That snowman is adorable, Karen! I love all your extra touches ... paper piercing, dry embossing! Super cute!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Oooooo!!!! Karen, love this adorable little snowman.. quite the athlete isn't he? hahaha.
Love that you're getting a start on your Chrissy cards too.. I so should be doing that.

GORGEOUS.

xx Sarah

Janet said...

super card!! what a cute image!!
hugs!

Emily said...

Such an adorable mogul man Karen!!!

Miche said...

very cute..I'm totally caseing this one!!

Anonymous said...

adorable PS I love your banner too!