Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You're Smokin' {MFTWSC59}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 59.

I reached for one of the newest Pure Innocence sets that I didn't get a chance to ink up during the February release, Pure Innocence Firefighter Girl.

This layout through me for a bit of a loop because I wasn't crazy about all the open space on the right side of the card, so I took a little creative liberty and added and orange piece which I cut out with the mix & match banners Die-namics. Then I added a couple of black brads to tie in the black base layer. The sentiment was stamped on a cream piece that I cut out using the narrow banner from the first place award ribbon Die-namics.
Pin It

I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black and gave her a fun blue and orange uniform thanks to my copic markers. She needed just a little bling though so I added a clear rhinestone to her hat then coloured it with my B95 marker. I popped the image on foam tape for a bit of dimension. The patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye On The Bright Side-One 6x6 pad.

Here are all the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC59. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the Die-namics I used:

Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Ooooh, nicely done! Love the two little banners you added and that paper is perfect. Lovely shading too - I'm inspecting it closer! :)

Karen Giron said...

LOVE the banner with the brads miss K! Your coloring is out of this world amazing, as always. Super sweet card!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Oh Karen!! Super fabulous coloring!! She just jumps right off of your card front! Awesome paper and stitching combos!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Michele Boyer said...

SUPER cute, and I love that little banner!

Melody said...

Cute! The wood grain paper is perfect and I like the touch of the little banners.

Lisa H. said...

she's such a sweetie, Karen. love the papers and those extra little banners you added.

wendy said...

cute card, perfect papers to go with it too!

Jodi Collins said...

Holy crow girlie! Your coloring is STUNNING and I LOVE these papers!!

Ann Kranitz said...

This sentiment made me giggle...the other day when I picked Lindsay up from school she saw a lady smoking a cigarette so she turns to me and says oooh mom that lady is smokin.....not like good looking smokin but smokin smokin!! It was funny at the time!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a nice card!!! WOWZA on your coloring - thanks for the closeup, cuz it's amazing! Have a good weekend! ♥♥