Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Birthday

Did you know that My Favorite Things is sponsoring this week's sketch over at Card Patterns? That's great news, because it means there's an MFT prize up for grabs, so go check out Sketch 154 and play along.
Pin It
I need to bulk up my stash of birthday cards so that's the direction I took with the sketch. I used the new Finishing Flourishes set and papers from the My Mind's Eye Be Happy 6x6 pad. But that background piece is not patterned paper...I created a stamped background using one of the flourishes in the set and Memento Desert Sand ink. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa and I added a strip of patterned paper before stitching around the edge. I used the Faux Crochet Border Die-namics to cut out a strip of kraft, which I added to the sentiment panel.

I wrapped some twine around the sentiment panel and left nice big loops that peek out from under the gorgeous flower, which was cut out using the new Botanical Beauty Die-namics...swoon!!! I also used the Leafy Flourish Die-namics to cut out a light sage piece and tucked it under the flower.

Look at the dimension on this flower!!!



Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Leslie said...

How clever are you - making your own patterned paper!! LOVE that flower too - what height - and the loopy twine behind it is lovely!

Anne-Marie said...

Wow! I'm usually a lurker, but just had to comment on this...it's a stunner! I love the whole look of this creation. :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Holy Cannoli, Karen! This is GORGEOUS!!!

Cheryl said...

Wow! What a beautiful, classy card! I absolutely LOVE your flower and the twine with it is perfect.

Crafty Cath said...

Haha - I had to read through the post twice cuz I missed that the background paper was handmade. It totally caught my eye and I knew it wasn't in MY Be Happy paper pack. tehe..super crafty girl! You could sell that...well to me at least! And that flower...seriously, it's gorgeous!

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOH! BEAUTIFUL card my friend! LOVE that flower!