Saturday, February 18, 2012

Warm Winter Wishes

Today I'm sharing card #9 for Project Christmas 2012. Yay!
Pin It

I found a fun new sketch challenge called the Merry Monday Challenge, and the only rule is you must make a Holiday card. Sweet!!! This should definitely help me stay on track with my Holiday card making all year long. The sketches started in January, but I jumped in for Merry Monday Challenge #7. My intention is to go back and do the first six at some point in the year.

I pulled out the My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas paper pad and thought Ice Skating Flopsey from MFT was a good pairing. He's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copic markers. I paper pieced the skating rink and ran the kraft oval through my seeing spots embossing folder before adding three brown brads. The sentiment is from Pure Innocence Holiday Hugs Snowman and I stamped it on a piece of cream which I cut out using the Chat Bubbles Die-namics. I shortened the chat bubble a little using my tutorial in this post. The blue background piece was embossed with the SU snow burst embossing folder.

Here's the Die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen!
You have coloured that bunny so beautifully. Love the colouring of the card too. Just wonderful!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love your card and your coloring is absolutely beautiful.

Leslie said...

Look at you go with your Christmas cards!! Flopsey is adorable and I love the soft colours you used on him!! Love the three brads too - perfect embellishment! Oooh, just looked at your card again and I think I have that ribbon!!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

This is really cute, Karen!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is lovely and adorable all in one!!!!

Dana White said...

This is fabulous love the paper pieced ice!

Miche said...

This is super cute...I love the striped paper and the paper pieced ice rink is perfect.

wendy said...

whow great idea , you'll definitely be ready come December..cute card!