Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dreams {MFTWSC58}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 58.

When I saw this sketch I knew I wanted to use one of the sentiments from the new Vertical Greetings set. I just love how these sentiments take center stage on a card.

I reached for some new My Mind's Eye papers, Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks, to be exact. These aren't my usual go to colours but I like the more muted tones with this sentiment. I cut out the yellow piece using the clearly sentimental label Die-namics then stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black. I used the narrow banner from first place award ribbon Die-namics for the woodgrain piece and pretty posies Die-namics for the flower, topped with a grey corduroy button.

Pin It

Here are all the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC58. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the Die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow, those greetings are SO popular - so glad I ordered them! Lovely card!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO gorgeous my friend! LOVE the mix of papers (these new MME pads make my heart happy) and I ADORE the stamps you used (GMTA!)

Danni said...

Jodi stole my comment, the first thing that came to my mind was "this is gorgeous, my friend"...LOL! You really rocked this!!

Ann Kranitz said...

This is just lovely!!! Great mix of papers and I just cant wait to get this set!!! Just beautiful

Colleen Begley said...

Super cute, Karen. I like your papers.

Cheryl said...

Love the mix of dp's. Fabulous card!

Sharon Roselli said...

I have this set on order! I can't wait to get it. your card is beautiful.Thanks for sharing.