Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Country Charm

It's time for this month's MFT VIP Collection and these are the cutest little Cowgirl and Cowboy ever!!!

Here's what's included in the Pure Innocence Country Charm VIP Collection:

  • Pure Innocence Cowgirl stamp set
  • Pure Innocence Cowboy stamp set
  • Country Charm Sentiments mini (VIP exclusive stamp set - will never be offered for sale or be available again, a $9 value, FREE)
  • Royal Rose Die-namics die
  • Country Charms Die-namics die

all this for just $34.90!
Pin It
I could not wait to paper piece these little cuties so I pulled out a new My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side-One paper pad. It's full of patterns that are perfect for cowgirls and cowboys! I added lots of brads down the left side and the orange strip was cut out using the Postage Border Die-namics, which made spacing the brads super easy!

The layout is the February Sketch for You to Try. Look at his cute little vest and bandana!! The rest of him is coloured with copic markers.

I cut out the Country Charms Die-namics from cork and attached each one with a brad.

I wanted to carry the cork over to the right side of the card so I cut out another piece using one of the Mix & Match Banners Die-namics and stamped the sentiment. Then I trimmed off the top to shorten it just a little and added a mini library clip.

On the inside I stamped one of the sentiments from the Country Charm Sentiments Mini set onto a piece which I cut out using the Chat Bubbles Die-namics.

Pin It
Next up is my little cowgirl and she's as cute as can be!!! I cut out some real denim using the Simply Scallops Medium Die-namics then pleated it across the card.

I thought about piecing her skirt with real denim but this paper pack has the perfect denim paper so I made it easy on myself and used paper. Then I gave her the most darling red polka dot vest to coordinate with her hat.

Check out the gorgeous Royal Rose Die-namics! Isn't it beautiful with the scallopy petals that look so realistic?!? I cut my flower from wild cherry felt.

On the inside I combined the Sweet Stack Labels Die-namics with the First place Award Ribbon Die-namics and another sentiment from the Country Charm Sentiments Mini.


The Pure Innocence Country Charm VIP Collection is a limited quantity product that gives you the opportunity to purchase upcoming stamp sets and new Die-namics dies two weeks early!

Be sure to hop over to Kim's blog for a list of all participating designers.


Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

18 comments:

wendy said...

GASP...so stinkin cute! love this VIP...and great idea using cork and denim...you rocked it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are both so adorable!!!! It only took mere seconds to order this with absolutely no hestitation! lol. LOVE them.

Anonymous said...

Oh you know what I will be using this set for right!!! 100 Anniversary of the Calgary Stampede party invites!!! Perfect timing!!! Love them my friend!

Karen Giron said...

How cute are these cards?? I love all the paper piecing and your fabulous cork elements! Fab!!

Linda McClain said...

Oh My Goodness. So, freakin' adorable. Love the cork.

Angel said...

love the real denim and the cork and the brads and your coloring and ALL OF IT!!! TOO COOL!!!! can't wait to get mine! {already ordered!}

Colleen Begley said...

Karen, Karen, Karen. These are the cutest cards ever! Your coloring is perfection as well as the papers you've chosen. Love the cork on the first card too.

StampOwl said...

super cute Karen, love the cork charms you created

Sarah Gough said...

love the little cork charms!

KelliJo said...

OH GET OUT!!! Karen these simply ROCK!!! I am LOVING the WHOLE shebang here!!! I'm ITCHIN' to get mine.... Hopefully they come REALLY REALLY REALLY FAST!!!!! LOL

Katcamps said...

I love what you did with the denim! Awesome set!

Leslie said...

Shut the barn door!!!! The cutest pair ever!! Love the cork and the real denim - it's the perfect touch! Your shading and paper piecing is outstanding. These cards are country charm for sure!!!!!

Cindi said...

Oooh love these! Love how you used denim and cork. Your cards are gorgeous!

Debbie Carriere said...

These are both over the top fantastic!!! Love the cork and denim touches!! Your embellishments are awesome, especially love that row of brads - soooo perfect!

Lisa H. said...

fan-flippin'-tastic! looove these, Karen. all those brads, and texture with the denim and cork-LOVE!

Jodi Collins said...

These are ADORABLE to the max my friend! LOVE the cork Country Charms and her sweet denim skirt!!

Larissa Heskett said...

THANKS for sharing I LOVE your project!! The design is SO CUTE!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Michelle said...

FABULOUS!