Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sweet Sunday Joy

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC153. No surprise here...I created a Christmas card, which is card #10 for Project Christmas 2012.
Pin It

I used Inspired by Christmas from My Favorite Things and kept this card pretty simple and it was relatively quick too. I stamped the image with versamark ink onto kraft card stock and embossed it with vanilla powder. I used the skyline border Die-namics for the horizontal layer and the patterned paper is My Mind's Eye The Merry Days of Christmas.

I had to add a flower embellishment, which grew into three flowers, which were all cut out using the smallest bloom in the Upsy Daisy Die-namics. The flowers are cut from two of the papers from the Christmas paper pack.  I added a cream brad to the center of each and tucked a few leaves around the edges, also cut out with the Upsy Daisy Die-namics.

I hope you'll play along and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Cath Groden <------ superstar guest designer
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Karen , great card, love the stitching, and the skyline behind Santa. Luck in the challenge its lovely
Hugs Elaine

Candace said...

Karen, I love your card! Love the way you used the skyline. I never would have thought to use it on a Christmas card!

Candace

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the card and the sketch. Can't wait to play along with this challenge.

wendy said...

really pretty whow 10 Christmas cards already...you go girl!

Leslie said...

Wow, I'd have never thought to use that skyline die on a Christmas card but Santa does fly all over the world - so it's perfect! Card #10?! Impressive!

Dana White said...

This is awesome. Love the Santa image on the Kraft.

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome Karen, love that Santa image and those flowers look like velvet!!!

Shannon White said...

Oh this is Such a Wonderful Christmas card! Love the Santa image on the kraft! Super skyline and Darling upsy daisies too! LOVE MFT Elements! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Crafty Cath said...

That Santa image is fantastic! I can't believe you have 10 Chirstmas cards done already...I can't stamp anything but spring and bright colors right now. I'm ready for the Non-winter to be over. So glad I was able to play alongside you and the Sweet Sunday Sketch crew. You girls are some pretty awesome card makers!

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card Karen! I really like your embossed Santa on the kraft and your flowers are so pretty!

Jodi Collins said...

I am going to be so envious of you next Christmas when you have a whole stack of cards ready to go! LOVE this...the colors are PERFECT and I LOVE the Skyline Border!

Karen Giron said...

How fabulous! I love the white embossing on the kraft paper and the red flowers really pop!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card! Love the bit of city buildings peeking out and the pop of color form your pretty flowers!