Thursday, February 9, 2012

Warm Winter Wishes

You know how much I love a sketch challenge and I couldn't let Taylor's first sketch of the year, TESC151, slip by without playing along. I'm really squeaking in under the wire though because the next sketch goes up tomorrow!

Pin It

This is card #7 for Project Christmas 2012. I used Winter Wonderland from Taylored Expressions. I think I should have let the blue and brown ink dry a little longer before embossing the vanilla snowflakes though, because the powder stuck a little to the other snowflakes despite using my embossing buddy first...sigh. Could have something to do with the fact that I think this was the quickest card I've ever created though, and it would be an easy one to make multiples of (but of course I didn't think of that). The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas paper pad. Oh, and this card is nice and flat for easy mailing too!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Leslie said...

So pretty and love the colour combo! Gee, I haven't embossed in ages - wonder where my heat tool is?! :)

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful winter card Karen! I wish it actually felt like winter though. Yes, I'm one of those weird people that like the cold & rain. LOL! There is nothing cold about this beauty. Warm and so gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with TESC!
Hugs,
Tracy

Ann Kranitz said...

Really pretty!!! Love the embossing!

Kary said...

Love the snowflakes on kraft!! It's a cool Christmas card. The embossing looks great. Have a great weekend!!

Jodi Collins said...

SO pretty! LOVE the papers on this!!!