Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sky's the Limit {MFTWSC61}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 61.

I decided to use Inspired by Up, Up and Away and the new coordinating Up, Up and Away Die-namics dies. I love that MFT created these new balloon dies to coordinate with the previously released stamp set.

Pin It

I added a little texture by using the wonky scallop border Die-namics to cut out some puff cloud white felt for the horizontal piece.

First I cut out the balloons then I stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black. It's so easy to line up the image with the die because the stamps are clear...sweet!! Then I coloured the images with copic markers. The patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart Be Amazing 6x6 paper pad. I didn't actually start out with a blue and orange theme...I thought it was going to be a little more multicolour, but I love the end result.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the set and added the smaller balloon, stamped with Memento Cantaloupe. The small scallop border Die-namics was perfect to cut out the orange scallop.

Here are the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC61. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!



Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

 

10 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

NICE, Karen! LOVE the colors!

Jodi Collins said...

How GORGEOUS! LOVE these colors and papers my friend!!

Mary J said...

So wonderful Karen! I love how you used that sketch!

Barbara said...

I love that you used the balloons with this sketch!! Sweet card, Karen!

Miche said...

I love the bright colours in this card...it looks awesome!

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colors!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Gorgeous GORGEOUS color combination Karen! You are sincerely the Color Queen! I love those balloons!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Michele Boyer said...

Love the vibrant colors! So pretty!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous coloring on those balloons!

PaperDoll said...

I know that it's been said before, but I just love your color palette... these hues are so bright and cheery, they could lift anyone's spirits! Also, I think that, in addition to being beautiful, this card has some masculine appeal to it as well (at least I know my husband would appreciate it... he's a Mets fan, so he likes just about anything that's blue and orange, LOL!) :)