Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sweet Sunday Friendship {SSSC152}

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC152.

This sketch is wide open for interpretation and I had so many ideas, but I landed on making card #8 for Project Christmas 2012.
Pin It

I used Pure Innocence Merry Kissmas from My Favorite Things. It's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copic markers. I added white liquid appliqué to both their hats but sprinkled glitter on her hat before I heat the liquid appliqué. I did a tiny bit of paper piecing on her skirt. The patterned papers are from the Fancy Pants Winterland 6x6 paper pad. The colours are quite muted in this collection and I was a little worried it would be too bland, but I love the result of these soft colours with pops of hot fudge.

I cut out the polka dot strip using the wonky scallop border Die-namics. The snowflake accents were cut out using the let it snowflake Die-namics. The pink layer is bubblegum felt and the blue layer is from the patterned paper pack, topped off with a brown brad.

On the inside I couldn't resist using this darling piece of patterned paper with the row of hanging mittens. All I needed to do was stamp the sentiment.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Jessie Rone - our superstar guest designer
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the Die-namics I used:

Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

17 comments:

Inge Groot said...

So, so sweet, love the coloring, the adding of the liquid applique and all the hanging mittens on the inside of the card...awesome!

Candace said...

I love these colors, Karen!! Such a sweet and beautiful card!!

Leslie said...

Egads!!!! I'm documenting this as an excellent contender for my personal card this year!!! GORGEOUS! Love the shading but especially on the snowman where she's hugging him!! Stunning! Oh and love the inside too! A 10/10!

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute!!! Your sweet image is colored perfectly and I love the layered snowflakes with the pink felt!

Karen Giron said...

Oh my! She is just so stinkin' cute and your coloring is perfection! Love the snowflakes and the adorable mittens inside your card too.

Vicki Burdick said...

Saawwwooon!!!!! I just love this to pieces!!! That adorable PI is gonna be mine soon!! I think I totally need to make a card just like this!!! Did I say I LOVE it!! :)

PS thanks so much for the sweet comments on my blog, Hugs!!!!

Dana White said...

Oh thihs is too cute and that patterened paper is awesome. I may need to hunt that package down!!

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Karen, so pretty and colourful!
Clairex

Nancy said...

Your card is beautiful Karen, so pretty! Love your coloring! The detail inside makes it so over the top great!

wendy said...

What a gorgeous card...love the shading on the snowman...I never think to add that!

Ann Kranitz said...

I just love the hanging mittens on the inside and your coloring is amazing

Unknown said...

Just darling, Karen! Love this sweet image and your take on the sketch! The hanging pieced mittens on the inside of the card are TOO cute!

Kary said...

What a sweet, sweet card!! I LOVE the liquid applique and glitter effect on the darling image. Your colouring is fabulous!! Have a lovely, lovely day, Karen!

Michele Boyer said...

So cute! Love the poof on the hats! And all those pieced mittens! Wow!! :)

Jodi Collins said...

Any chance I can request that this be my Christmas card for this year? It's GORGEOUS my friend!!

Crafty Cath said...

I'm swooning over here...the shading on your snowman ROCKS! Ok so does your design but dang sistah that coloring is to die for! And then you went and showed us the most adorabe inside design. Ack, I'm loving this!

Shannon White said...

Wowzers! I this ever ADORABLE!! 8-) Love your Sweet PI image and Wonderful coloring! Your snowflakes are so Cute and Love the inside too! Just a Wonderful Card! Thanks so much for the inspiration! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon