Thursday, June 23, 2011

We're Blast From The Past Hopping with Taylored Expressions

This month's theme for the Blast From The Past customer blog hop with Taylored Expressions is "old Glory"...use red, white and blue. Now, nobody said we had to create a patriotic card so I went totally into left field and used these fab colours to create Project Christmas 2011 card #15!!

I used the fun sketch that Sankari provided for inspiration but I flipped it to fit the image I wanted to use from Wings of Joy.

The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice snow white and coloured with copics. I added some clear rhinestones to the berries then coloured them with a red copic marker. The patterned papers are from Echo Park's Wintertime collection and I added some red baker's twine for the vertical element. I cut a strip of blue with my scalloped eyelet border die and added even more bling.



Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

20 comments:

Jules said...

Karen - this really is awesome!! Brava!

Jami said...

I never would have thought to do a Christmas card with these colors, but it totally works! Really cute!!!

Create It Simply said...

Beautiful work!!! TFS :)

Cassie said...

That is genius, Karen! Love it :D

Stacey Schafer said...

so beautiful, Karen! love your choice of papers (wink:)

Tina W. (TeaDub) said...

Love the colors and elements you used on the card...adorable!

Natalie said...

Fun and unexpected!! Love it!

Jodi Collins said...

Left field maybe...but OH so right!!! LOVE every bit of this you clever girl you!!!

Lillian Child said...

Love Christmas cards in the summer! Fabulous colors!

Just found your blog and am now a new follower. So nice to meet you. Be sure and stop by my blog this week for my one year blogversary and fun giveaway event.

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ack! Karen, I just LOVE this! Fabulous Christmas card (and yea to adding to the stash)!

Debbie Carriere said...

This is totally fab!!!! Love that you made a Christmas card & the colors are perfect!

Danielle L. said...

Oh snap! It is FABULOUS Karen! Love the colors, layout and bling!

Julia Aston said...

These colors look great on this fun Christmas card Karen!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card...this is one of my favorite Christmas stamps and you have colored it beautifully!!!!

Lorie said...

Oh goodness...this is just fabulous!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

You're so clever! Love this card...and all that icy blue! Great one. :-)

Kathi said...

So fabulous. I love that you did a Christmas card in patriotic colors. It totally works. I also love how you flipped the sketch and made it your own.

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful Christmas card Karen! Leave it to you to create a red white and blue Christmas card and make it a knock out lol! Love your button treatment, twine and pretty rhinestone details!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute!!

Crafty Caring Friends said...

Great cards...I'll be returning to your blog; you do a wonderful job!