Monday, June 13, 2011

Hi, Sweetness

Card Positioning Systems has great weekly sketches and MFT is sponsoring this week's sketch, CPS222

I used Pure Innocence-Lily of the Valley for my card today. I remember growing up we had a BIG patch of lily of the valley flowers in our front yard and I would always pick a giant bouquet for my mom. The delicate little bell flowers are so small in comparison to the huge leaves, and they have such a wonderful fragrance.

I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured her with copic markers. I did a "Jodi" frame around the image and added three purple Twinkles for a little bling. 

The patterned paper is all from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky paper pad and I paired it with rich razzleberry from SU. I used my scallop ribbon border die-namic for the center strip but it wasn't quite as wide as I wanted so I cut it in half lengthwise then adhered it to the top and bottom edges of the striped paper. 

I hope you'll find some time to play along this week...you know whenever MFT is involved there's a fabulous prize!!! You'll find all the details over on the CPS blog

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

16 comments:

Sarah Gough said...

Your skin blending blows me away Karen (that is SUCH a weird sentence!) it's just gorgeous!

Vicki Burdick said...

Totally sweet!!! Love this and your coloring is awesome!!!

Leslie said...

Do you know I was "thisclose" to using this image for your birthday card!!! THISCLOSE!!! Gorgeous card and that bow? Seriously, I have to watch you again!!

Barbara said...

I LOVE your choice of colors and the sketch! Absolutely precious!

Dana White said...

she is cute, love her paper pieced dress & the bow is perfect

Unknown said...

This is adorable :)

Danni said...

Love this!! The colors are so pretty!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful Karen! What a wonderful sketch! I'm going to have to give it a try! I LOVE these papers too! Hope that you have a very Happy Birthday Karen! :D

Christine Blain said...

LOVE her little dress, LOVE that bow .... an all-round gorgeous card, Karen!

Donna Baker said...

this is so cute! great sketch

Emily said...

Love this card, Karen! Great choice of paper and wonderful job of coloring with the copics:))

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS card girlie! I am LOVING the papers and the PI you used, and of course, though it goes without saying, your coloring is spot on! Your "Jodi" frame (giggle) is perfect too!!!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Ahh, super sweet image and gorgeous card, Motzabella! :)

Lovely as always! :)

Brenda said...

I love-love-love your choice of colors!!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! Also thank you so much for sharing the colors of Copics that you used.

Jessie/knightrone said...

So fabulous!!

Jody Morrow said...

So pretty. I love her dress.