Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sweet Sunday Snow Buddies

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC122.

I've completely fallen off the Christmas card making wagon the past couple of months so I'm trying to get back on...one foot at a time. Otherwise, I'm really going to be kicking myself come November!

So this is Project Christmas 2011 card #14. I used the fun Fred Bear-Snow Bear set from My Favorite Things. The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I added some white liquid applique to the falling snow and dusted it with glitter before heating it.

I used the ribbon dies from the First Place Award Ribbon die-namics for the layer under the circle. In case you're wondering "hey, that looks longer than the size of the die", you're correct! I needed to 'stretch' the die cut ribbons so I just cut them slightly off-center, pulled them apart, and hid the space under the image circle! I used my Let it Snowflake die-namics for the blue snowflake embellishments and topped them with a red button. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey Jovial collection and I used Hot Fudge as a layering colour.

I hope you'll play along with week and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Very cute!!!

Dana White said...

Fred the Bear is too cute - you are making me cave & want him!!! Yeah you have another Christmas card done

Vicki Burdick said...

super cute Karen!!! Love that sweet little image!!!

Leslie said...

Is this a new image?! How have I not seen/bought this cuteness???!!! I have closely inspected your colouring with N1 and N3...do you shade with N3 first and then N1 or a wide N1 and then a thin N3? I must know! :)

Leslie said...

Forgot to say...thanks for the clever tip about lengthening your ribbon!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SERIOUSLY adorable! LOVE how you lengthened your ribbon panel!

Lisa H. said...

I forgot about this Fred! what a cute card....and good for you for working on the holiday cards so early....I just can't make myself. lol!