Sunday, June 19, 2011

MFTeasers - à la modes Day 1!

There are two more fabulous à la modes this month and today the MFT gals are sharing samples using I've Met My Match. How adorable is she leaning on that big tennis racket!!!

Today is my anniversary so I used this set to make a fun card for hubby...the sentiments are just perfect! She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics, but I paper pieced her little dress. I'm loving the colours and patterns in the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party collection...it's so fresh!!

I used Jen's June Sketch For You To Try for the layout. The blue raspberry strip down the center is a perfect match for the colour of her tennis racket and I added a scalloped edge to each side using my open scallop die-namic. I couldn't resist blinging out the circle and the ribbon tab from the first place award ribbon die-namics was the perfect element for the sentiment.

I kept the inside nice and simple with a few layers and some gorgeous hot fudge as the base layer. Then I stamped the image with Colorbox blue lagoon and the sentiment with black. 

Be sure to hop over to Kim's blog for a complete list of all the talented MFT gals who are sharing samples today. I know there will be lots of wonderful eye candy!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

18 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

so cute, I love it!

Jackie Pedro said...

Love it, Saucy! Great papers and layout!

Eva said...

This is sooo cute...love the papers you chose and the big circle behind her!

Rachel G said...

Sweetness! Love that DP and the colors. So cute!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous creation Karen

Gabby said...

Love the new image and that new Lime Twist paper ... lime and blue ... be still my heart! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, those fun papers are perfect for this adorable new image! Cute green paper pieced dress!

Barbara said...

Awesome design, Karen! I love it!

Sherrie said...

So bold and fun....I adore her little polka dot outfit!

Dana White said...

OMG this is perfect for you two - I need this image for Barbara!!

Melody said...

Darling! Love the papers and great layout!

Christina Fischer said...

Totally adorable! Love these fun colors!

Happy anniversary! :)

Michele Boyer said...

Ohhh, that dark circle really makes everything pop! SO cute!

Leslie said...

Cute! If I played tennis, I'd want a dress like that!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE the colors you used. SO striking.

Jodi Collins said...

These colors are AMAZING together! LOVE your coloring and the bling around the circle element too!!

Lisa H. said...

she looks great with this layout. love all the little touches you added.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Freaking fabulous!!!