Monday, June 20, 2011

Floral Place Card Holders

This is my third week as the featured artist on the Our Craft Lounge blog, and this week I created an adorable set of six summery place card holders.

It all started with some large binder clips and the Pretty Petals stamp set from Our Craft Lounge. The flowers in this set are so gorgeous!!!

I was in a cutting mood so I decided to paper piece the flowers and leaves in their entirety, and gave my copic markers the day off. I pulled out my Basic Grey Green at Heart paper pad and set to work. The oranges, pinks and purples are such a fun combination, and so cheery too!

I added some Rockin' Pink Sparkly Fluff to the center of each flower for a pop of bright colour and a hint of sparkle and texture.

Here's a picture of the back of the flower so you can see how I attached it to the metal clip. I applied a blob of glue (that's the technical term) to the back of the flower, placed the metal end in the glue and topped it with a circle of patterned paper to keep it all in place.

I used these for place card holders, but you could also use them to hold a photo, or as a fun and decorative way to close up a gift bag, and they might even work as a book mark too.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so clever and creative@@ Beautiful, Karen!!

Renee said...

What a fun idea and so darn cute!

Michele Boyer said...

Oh my gosh. How CUTE are these??? LOVE them!

Colleen Begley said...

How CUTE are these?!!! Great idea, Karen.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are just darling Karen! Love the papers that you've chosen! Wonderful project! :D

Kim O'Connell said...

How fun! Love this idea! I am pinning these onto Pinterest!

Jodi Collins said...

How FUN are these...and what an AWESOME idea!!!

Anne Tussing said...

These are SO fun! LOVE the idea:)