Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sweet Sunday Popping By

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC120.

As promised just a couple of hours ago, my card today uses one of the brand new Pure Innocence Images that will be released in the MFT Boutique on Tuesday evening at 10pm EST.

I realize I kinda stretched the sketch a little so I could use a PI image, but hey, that's the fun part, right? This little cutie is Pure Innocence - Popping By. I had lots of fun paper piecing her little outfit with patterns from the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party collection.

I used the simply scallops large die-namic to cut out the red strip and paired it with some brown ribbon and Caribbean Teal Twine.

On the inside I used the fun new mini film strip die-namic, in keeping with the movie theme of this set!

I hope you'll play along this week and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

18 comments:

Julie said...

Adorable Karen! Love the bright pops of color!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

that is so adorable, love the colors you used and the twist to the sketch.

StampOwl said...

fun color combo

Gabby said...

Love the scallops and polka dot pcg! Cute card! :)

Kim said...

Love it Karen!

Lynn Put said...

This is so cute! I love how you took the square from the sketch and placed your sweet PI girl and sentiment inside. Love the paper piecing...I want an outfit like hers!

Leslie said...

Could I have woken up to a sweeter sight?! Your Sweet Sunday "Popping By to Say Hi" is Saaaaaaaaaweeeeeet! I want an outfit like hers!!! Love it - awesome, cute, super sweet, a perfect card my friend!

Playing with Paper said...

Loving the colors. So cute!!! Great card!

Susan said...

Aww...such a sweet little movie chick!

Candace said...

Ahhh this is just so stinkin' CUTE!!! I love the way the patterns just "pop" off the pink! :)

Vicki Burdick said...

OMG Karen, this is adorable, Love the new PI and your paper piecing is awesome!! Such a colorful card and I really like the bakers twine I so need to use mine!!

Jenny said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect use of dp...you pulled off the sqaure and round shapes perfectly! I had to admit, when I saw the sketch I felt scared,but you give me inspiration:) thx!

Kim O'Connell said...

How fun! This has a cool retro feel to it!

Dana White said...

She is cute, cute, cute - love the layered shirt look!!

Kathy Martin said...

Very cute! Love that film strip die! :)

Lisa H. said...

wowza! how cute....great sketch!

Jessie/knightrone said...

LOVE the papers...this is just TOO CUTE!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Precious card. Love her outfit.