Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Difficult Takes Time {MFTWSC25}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch #25.

I ♥ this sketch with all the circle elements!!! I just LOVE working with circle panels and I know I'll be going back to this sketch time and time again.

I kept this card quite simple and used a lovely sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Success. I used the decorative doily die-namic for the base circle and for the decorative element I layered the medium sized flower from the flower trio die-namics onto the leafy flourish. A few pearl accents, a little frayed burlap distress ink on some of the edges and I called this one done! I didn't even sew on it because I really like the simplicity of these layers just the way they are. The patterned papers are from Crate Paper's Portrait collection.

Here are all the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC25. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

I LOVE this card! Everything about it is PERFECT!

StampOwl said...

so pretty

Kim O'Connell said...

oooh la la! This is so pretty. I want that leafy flourish die........and now I am scratching my head trying to figure out how in the heck is it that I don't already own that doily die! Beautiful card, Karen!

Anne Tussing said...

Your card is beautiful! I love how the yellow doily accents the other papers so terrifically! Love the stitching on the sentiment circle and the string of pearls:)

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Karen! Perfect mix of papers and colors!

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS Saucy! LOVE these papers and colors!! This sentiment is so fabulous too!

Erin Smetak said...

So pretty! I love how you used the leafy flourish! I just purchased that today!

Dana White said...

This is stunning my friend - the paper is perfect for the sentiment!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so beautiful, love the colors and the dp you used.

Lisa H. said...

sooo fantastic. always love those papers....that striped strip looks so great here!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So fabulous!!