Monday, June 6, 2011

A Jazzed Up Notepad

I'm so lucky to be the Artist of the Month for Our Craft Lounge over on the OCL blog!!!

For my first project of the month I created a fun little covered notepad. I saw this style of notepad at Staples and brought one home as a prototype, but the one I made is way cuter!  ;-)

I used images from the Tree-iffic Trees set to decorate the notepad holder. The images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. The patterned papers are all from the Basic Grey Hello Luscious pad. I paper pieced the smaller circles on the tree and wanted the coloured part to look like leaves so kept adding dots of green to create that effect. I coated the trunk with Coffee Bean Sparkly Fluff for texture and a whimsical feel.

There's lots of dimension on the image.

I used a Basic Grey magnet to keep the flap closed and hid the inside magnet under a circle of patterned paper. You could definitely do this with any size notepad. I hope you'll give it a try!

Thanks Our Craft Lounge and see you next Monday with another OCL project!
And thank YOU for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

SUPAH CUTE! And yes - it is WAY cuter! :)

Leslie said...

Super! Love all the dimension!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How totally cute!!