Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sweet Sunday Friendship

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC121.

There are so many possibilities with this sketch and I took the scrappy sentiment route. I adore the Clearly Sentimental - About Friendship set from MFT and wanted to highlight one of the fabulous sentiments.

I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Cotton Candy cardstock and used the largest of the well worn greetings die-namics to cut it out. Actually, reverse that...I cut the cardstock first then stamped it. I used the dizzy doily die-namic for the circular element and added a custom flower cut out with the pretty posies die-namics. The patterned papers are all from the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky collection.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

This is so pretty Karen! I never thing to emboss patterned paper, but it looks so good!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen Giron said...

I love the scrappy sentiment look! This is just beautiful!

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Karen! I love everything about it, the colors, embossing, doily and the sentiment is wonderful!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I LOVE this...so gorgeous!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the colors and the flower with button and the bling!! AWESOME!!!!

Leslie said...

Ooh, lovely colours! Beautiful doily and I love your interpretation of the sketch!

Lea L. said...

What a fun card! I love the amazing colors, and that fabulous doily cut!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Beautiful!!!.. Although I think it's impossible for you to create anything but FABULOUS and BEAUTIFUL!!

xx SJ

Jodi Collins said...

SO gorgeous girlie! LOVE the colors and the row of bling under the sentiment!!