Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sweet Sunday Snowflakes

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC102. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

My card today is Project Christmas 2011 card #4. I kept this one fairly quick and simple, and if I'd been smart I would have made a couple of these since I didn't get a Christmas card done last week...but apparently I wasn't smart and this is a one-of-a-kind.  :-)

I used my Winter Wonderland set from Taylored Expressions and paired it with Echo Park Wintertime patterned paper. The ink colours I used are Memento rhubard stalk, Memento rich cocoa, sage shadow and blue bayou. I used my Winter Wonderland Snowflake dies to cut out the one snowflake then backed it with a circle of red that I punched with my 1 3/4" circle punch. That way it doesn't get lost on the card. I finished it with some red baker's twine and a button.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

14 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

OMG - seriously!? You're killing me. I didn't send out one single holiday card in 2010 and here you are making me feel guilty already about 2011 with these absolutely FABULOUS cards!? What gives girl!? Really though, this rocks.

Chris said...

that's very pretty, even the snowflake looks pretty (brrrr).

Karen Giron said...

I'm totally laughing at Jen - haha! I love that you just 'whipped' this one out because it's gorgeous! And you know I love the circle under the snowflake! I do think we are secretly twins....

Dawn Easton said...

LOL! Those girls crack me up!

Your holiday card is beautiful! Love the background you created with the different coloured snowflakes! Fabulous!!!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

I'm SOOOOOO with Jen!!! hahaha. And I'm SOOOO lOVING this card. It's totally fabulous and totally GORGEOUS!!

xx SJ

Leslie said...

Very pretty! After snowmen, snowflakes are my fav and I'm guessing you'll see lots of those soon! :)

Lynn Put said...

Oh I love this! The die cut snowflake with button really pops and I like the randomly stamped snowflakes and sentiment on your main panel...very pretty!

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen this is so PRETTY I love all the snowflakes!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Karen, this is awesome!! So love that die cut snowflake!! Just Gorgeous!!!

Dana White said...

This is a perfect mass production card - it's stunning I may have to case this one. UMM my BFF ya know you always say "if you were smart I would have made a couple" when it comes to your Christmas cards?!

Sonia said...

Oh, I LOVE this card Karen! It's GORGEOUS! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Karen, I just LOVE this! The colors are FABULOUS!

Ann Kranitz said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh, so pretty!!