Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sweet Sunday Masculine Birthday

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC99. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

I went with a masculine birthday card today because, well, hubby's birthday is later this month so I thought I'd knock off his card a little early. My MFT order from this past Wednesday's release arrived yesterday...holy super fast shipping Batman...and I was dying to start using my newest dies (pun intended! sorry, I just couldn't resist that one!). I used my 1/4"  rosette die-namic (which is currently out of stock) to create the pleated medallion for the main circle panel. I needed a big medallion so I cut out three strips, joined them together then formed the pleated medallion. I layered it onto some white that I cut out with the largest of the large classic circle Nestabilities.

Then I used my layered label die-namics for the sentiment panel...LOVE how versatile these are! The sentiment is from More Essential Sentiments and the patterned papers are Basic Grey Marjolaine. The stacking star die-namics are a perfect accent for masculine cards and I covered the stars with glitter. I couldn't resist adding the most perfect pompom trim from my stash.

Then I added a star border and another sentiment from More Essential Sentiments to the inside...it cracks me up! We're not the 'mushy card' kinda couple so this will be perfect. I know he's going to belly laugh when he opens it. And he doesn't read my blog so there's no chance of ruining the surprise.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch challenge and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what gorgeousness the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Jen Tapler
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

17 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Cute cute cute! Love the pleated circle backdrop and the glittered stars are awesome!

Leslie said...

Hey - like that pleated circle and aren't you the clever girl to piece together 3 pieces to make it larger. Hubby will love this!

Janet said...

awesome card! i need man cards...wanna make me some?? lol
hugs

Lynn Put said...

Fabulous card for your hubby Karen! I love the colors you used, the rosette behind the sentiment and these glittery stars!

Candace said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Your masculine cards are always fabulous!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic, Karen! I'm so jealous you got your order already! LOL! Mine takes THREE freakin' weeks! I think Canada Customs opens my goodies...uses them a few times then decides to pass them on...ha~

Ann Kranitz said...

Love this!!! I HAVE to have that layered label!!! You really inspire me with the masculine cards. I need to make some masculine thank yous for Mike. Thanks for the motivation!!! xxoo

Jodi Collins said...

This is OUT of this world FAB girlie! From the stars to the colors, the papers and that rosette...it's PERFECTION!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

LOVE this!!! So cool, may be masculine but I would love it too, the stars are awesome and the pleated circle and pom pom trim are fabulous!!!! You ROCK!!!!!

Dana White said...

What a perfect birthday card for you hubby!! Love the colours

Colleen Begley said...

Ohhhh WOW, Karen! Love the colors and textures in this card. Beauiful!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors, design and the ribbon.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Karen... great colors and dies! :o)

Arlene said...

LOVE this Karen! I like how you fanned out the rosette and used it for a different creative look. :-) VERY cool!

Carolina said...

What a fab masculine card! Love the stars and the trim is just the perfect touch!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!!

Karen Giron said...

Super card! I love all the stars and how non-mushy it is ;) He'll love it!