Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sweet Sunday Happy Heart and Another MFT Teaser

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC98. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog, The Sweetest Thing. I have to say, it was a short break from the Sweet Sunday sketches over the holidays but I really missed them and I'm glad they're back! :-)

I used another brand new Pure Innocence image for my card today...Because You're Special. This sweet set will be available in the MFT Boutique on Tuesday, January 4th at 10pm EST.

I ended up flipping the sketch so she'd be looking into the center of the card instead of out. She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and done up with a combination of paper piecing and copic colouring. The patterned papers are from my Sassafras Indie Girl pad and I thought the heart motif was perfect for the sentiment! I added some Twinkles to the flower centers and more rhinestones along the pretty pink border, which I cut out with my lacey scallop border die-namic (and I'm not even sure if that's the official name because I couldn't look it up because it's currently out of stock).

Be sure to scroll down for my other MFT Teaser post using the World's Best Doctor set and hop over to Kim's blog for a complete list of all the designer sharing previews today.

Now it's time to head out to see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created with today's sketch. I hope you'll play along and link your creation on Karen's blog.
Jen Tapler
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

34 comments:

JessicaK said...

grrrreat color combo here and I'm loving the sweet sentiments that come with the new PIs.

jen said...

adorable- her sweater is too sweet!

Jen Tapler said...

So stinkin' cute! Love that you flipped the sketch - it works so well with the sentiment like that. Adorable!! And your paper piecing skills are AMAZING - you can't even see any seams or anything!

StampOwl said...

so sweet

cowboydutrem said...

What a lovely image and nice bright colors!

Unknown said...

I love it..so cute

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

she is so adorable and I love the colors you used.

slbt17 said...

love her - great job with the paper piecing.
Sandra ltb

Candace said...

So adorable, Karen! Love the paper piecing!

Lynn Put said...

This is darling Karen! The sweet paper pieced image, rhinestones and lacy border all look fantastic!

Kim O'Connell said...

Love the PP and those tiny little rhinestones!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is ADORABLE, Saucy!! I never told you Congratulations on your guest gig with MFT! You're Awesome, my friend!!

Jodi Collins said...

She is PRECIOUS Saucy! LOVE this!

Leslie said...

Adorable as always! Your heart paper is perfect for the sentiment and I love how you flipped the sketch - why don't I think of these things? :) Fab job on her hair too!

Susan said...

super sweet...and love those papers!

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet!!! Love this little image!!!

Dana White said...

This is so sweet - I'm so happy Sweet Sunday is back!!

Danni said...

What a precious card! So sweet!

Shannon Guindon said...

Love it! Great colour combo!

redstampinsam said...

The sentiment is so sweet and fitting!

Diana Sears said...

very cut sentiment. love it

Bonnie Lynn said...

Awwww, this is just too cute!

Michele Boyer said...

She's SO sweet! Love that heart background!

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen so so SWEET!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is just adorable!

Karen Giron said...

She's such a cute little teaser!! Love her!

Monique said...

Awwe She is so sweet and I love the little sentiment :)

Anonymous said...

what a fun card!! like the layout!!

jennik

Lea L. said...

This is so bright and cheery and cute! Great job with the sketch! ♥♥♥

Linda said...

Oh my goodness I love your card! The Pure Innocence images are so sweet. I love what you did with the sketch.

Lisa H. said...

so much lovin' this sketch. look at the cutie you paired with it. super cute.

Christina Fischer said...

Totally adorable -- love the flower centers! :)

Anonymous said...

GASP! Love this one Karen, OMG, perfect card!

Jessie/knightrone said...

this is so PRETTY!!