Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sweet Sunday Bunny Cake

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC101. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

I decided to flip the sketch this week so I could use another new-to-me set from The Cat's Pajamas, Forget About the Cake. I made this card with my dad in mind...he's celebrating a big 'ole milestone birthday in March and one of the sentiments reads "you're not getting older, you're getting a lot older"...which would be just perfect for him! LOL!!! If I decide to use this card for him then I'll add the sentiment on the inside, but for now I left the sentiment off just in case I come up with something else.

The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice snow white and coloured with copics. I cut out the cake (including his paws) and popped it on foam tape for dimension. I added yellow Stickles to the candles then covered the bunny with white Fun Flock. The patterned papers are from the Echo Park Little Boy collection...such fun colours!! I did some zig zag sewing around the oval and only messed up at one little spot...can you find it? I can't believe how much easier it is to zig zag around an oval or circle rather sewing a straight line! I also picked up the Inside Pinking border die from TCP because it's a fabulous option for masculine cards...I was getting tired of always using stars...ugh.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created, and we have a brand new Sweet Sunday Stamper on the team...Dana White! Yay Dana!!!! Be sure to give her a warm welcome!
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put (she's out sick this week...feel better soon Lynn!)
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

Oh my! LOVE this!! Pure genius to rotate the sketch 90 degrees! Why can't I ever think of these things!?

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh....how flippin' cute is this? fabulous girl!

Dana White said...

He's so cute - I think I need to order him! What a perfect guy birthday card!

Vicki Burdick said...

Oh MY Karen, this is so adorable!!! Love that image!!! Your Dad will Love it!!! Love how the sketch looks flipped, I need to make something with it that way!!! LOL!! Happy Sunday my friend!

Leslie said...

I love a 'flipped' sketch! :) Super card, your Dad will love it and I had to search for your stitching boo-boo. If you hadn't said, I'd never have noticed!

Anonymous said...

Ok, girlfriend, this is fabulous, love the colours!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Love! Great colors and design!

Robin McK said...

Hi Karen!
This card is amazing! Fabulous colours!!! TFS

Jody Morrow said...

That is totally sweet! Love it!

Lynn Put said...

This is adorable Karen!!! I love the bright colors and fun star designer paper with this cute birthday image!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so CUTE!! Love it!!