Thursday, January 13, 2011

Go Confidently...

Today I have a sweet card (well I think it's sweet anyway) that I made with the New Beginnings set and coordinating Butterfly dies from Taylored Expressions.

I used this week's Mojo173 sketch for the layout. At first I was stumped by the sketch and then I remembered the butterly dies which I hadn't even used yet! I stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice buttercream and cut it out with my Take Note 2 die. As a side note, all TE stamps are made of high quality rubber so when you use them in conjunction with TE dies there's one small trick to get everything lined up every time. Click here for a quick video demo by Taylor.

The patterned papers are Cosmo Cricket Togetherness and I thought the clouds and kite strings were a perfect motif for a 'dreams' card. I whipped up that cute bow with my Bow Easy and finished the card with plenty of crystal Twinkles.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Candace said...

This is so sweet, Karen!!! Love the butterflies and your stitching, too!

Ann Kranitz said...

ohhhh Karen...this IS SWEET!!! Love the pretty red butterflies and your wavy stitching is so perfect. I need to learn how to do that. Mine always looks so wonky!!! xxoo

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Just gorgeous Karen! Love those fabulous red butterflies...they really pop!

Janet said...

this is so pretty:)
hugs

Colleen Begley said...

Great, great card Karen. Love the combination of the kites with the butterflies.

chris said...

Hi Karen this is GORGEOUS.

Tracy said...

Love this sentiment! How did you do the stitch? Is it a preset on your machine????

Leslie said...

That is sweet and the sentiment is even sweeter!

Monique said...

So cute Karen...Love the papers your stitching looks fabulous and such pretty butterfly's :)

Dana White said...

this is really pretty - the butterflies work perfectly with the sentiment!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I am LOVING this!! Too cute!!

Jodi Collins said...

Pure whimsical fun girlie! LOVE the papers and those butterflies!!

Michele Boyer said...

Adorable!! Pretty little butterflies and fabulous stitching!