Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow Day {MFTWSC3}

It's time for this week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club, MFTWSC3. The weekly sketch is posted each Wednesday at midnight on the MFT Blog and in the MFT Forum on Splitcoast, as well as in the weekly newsletter.
There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC3. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Today's card is my Project Christmas 2011, card #3. No, I'm not crazy...I just keep myself from going crazy in December by making Christmas cards all year long. You should give it a try!
I used the sweet Snow Day Pure Innocence image...love her! She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and done up with a combination of paper piecing and copic colouring. I {heart} these non-traditional purple patterned papers from the Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather pack. It probably doesn't show in the picture but the snowballs are covered with sparkle thanks to my clear Spica glitter pen and I added chunky diamond dust to the snow on the ground. White liquid applique is the finishing touch on her boots and hat. 
I gave the card more dimension by cutting out the girl and the snowballs before colouring them, then I popped them on foam tape. I added a single pink snowflake which I cut with my snowflake die-namics and I also used my little open scallop die-namic on the base layer. 
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

18 comments:

StampOwl said...

adorable

Kelli Hull said...

SO... should I expect to see this one in my mailbox next Christmas? :) I LOOOOOVE Purple and this is SUPER cute, love the glitter blobs at the bottom!!! Are those Webster Pages thingies? I've only seen them in pink and a tan-ish color....

Dawn Easton said...

Sweetness girl! Love the purple! I don't often reach for that colour...wonder why? She looks adorable popped up like that!!!

Lisa H. said...

great idea and good for you for sticking to it! love this and it's purple beauty!

Laura Pryor said...

Um, this card is rediculously fantastic! I can't stop staring at it and drooling! Amazing! Love it!

Michele Boyer said...

SO cute!! I love all the purple and added dimension!

Janet said...

awwwwwwwww what a sweetie:) love it:)
hugs

Dana White said...

OMG my BFF SHE IS STINKING CUTE!!! I love all the paper piecing & how she is popped up!! I'm happy to say it's not a snow day here & warm (sadly -5C feels warm!!)

Jodi Collins said...

This is RIDICULOUSLY, OUT OF CONTROL, FABULOUS!! LOVE every single flippin' bit of this!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous Karen! Love all the purple and the dimension!

Leslie said...

Oh, what can I say?! I'm running out of words! It's TOTALLY cute, love the colours, the popping up, the pp'ing, everything. Oh, if only we could have a "snow day" here!

Melody said...

Darling! Love the purple and white.

Colleen Begley said...

Hi Karen,
I agree with everyone. This is seriously, THE CUTEST THING EVER!! Lovin' the color scheme of purples too.

Jody Morrow said...

That is adorable! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love purple so this card makes me tear up a bit! Amazing work my friend!

Ann Kranitz said...

Love all the purple and the way you popped her up. So sweet and those baubles you used are perfect!!!!

Kristie W. said...

This is so cute! I love all the purple!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So very pretty!! Love it!!