Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Bond!!!

Today is a very special day for Bond, Wendy Bond! (I just love saying  that!) It's her birthday and there are a bunch of people sending well wishes so we've organized a little birthday hop. Grab a cuppa joe, or a glass of wine (it's 5pm somewhere, right?), sit back and check out all the cuteness!!

Happy Birthday Wendy!!!

Of course I needed to use an image that was alcohol related...for those of you who don't know Wendy, she adores her wine, so I reached for my Cheers a la mode image from MFT and paired her with this week's Splitcoast sketch SC317.

She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and done up with a combo of paper piecing and copics. I added a couple coats of clear glaze pen to the glass. The patterned is Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934. I used my faux crochet border die-namic to jazz up the edge and finished it with a rolled felt rose (the larger of the mini roses die-namic).

Have a fabulous birthday Wendy!!! Now you're off to see what Dana White created! When you're done hopping, be sure to head over to Wendy's blog and leave her some birthday love.

And just in case you get lost along the way, pop back here because I've posted the entire list of hoppers.

Karen Motz - Paper Playhouse
Jodi Collins - Stamping a Latte’
Linda Heavens - Heavens Created This
Charlene Austin - Willow & Paisley
Jackie Pedro - The Scalloped Edge
Joanne Basile - Just a Little Something
Cath Groden - Paper Expressions
Regan D’Agostino - Stampy McStamperson
Cindy Haffner - Cindy Haffner’s Corner
Amy Rohl - Ink About Me
Christina Fischer - Flowers and Ink
Nancy McKinney - Card Worthy
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Kim Van der Sanden - My Favorite Things
Jeanie Witmer - The Spotted Chick
Frances Byrne - Stamp Owl
Susan Liles - Susie Stampalot
Elaine Hughes - Quixotic Cards
Paula Williamson - Paper Possibilities
Megan Lock - Megan Lock Designs
Eva Dobilas - For the Love of Life
Pauline Godfrey - Pauline’s Card Cupboard
Jen del Muro - I Heart 2 Stamp
Michele Boyer - Paper Cuts
Maria Fiscella - Maria’s Craft Room
Melody Rupple - A Paper Melody
Julie Dinn - Kreative Jewels
Deanna Woodland - Dee’s Paper Tree
Rhonda Ziemer - Pickles Cards

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

36 comments:

Crafty Cath said...

The card truly captures Wendy's spirit. Love all the girly accents and that fabulous blue paper. And what a great friend for organizing the hop!

Lisa H. said...

LOVe this! you are so sweet to put this all together for Wendy. She's gonna love it!

Regan said...

awesome card!!

Anonymous said...

You wonderful, crazy, awesome beeautch!!! I totally didn't expect it and already tearing up! Thank you so much my friend, it really means a lot to me! LOVE the card! Now let me get my reading glasses and Metamucil so I can enjoy my hop!!! MWAH!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

that is so adorable

Cindy Haffner said...

I LOVE your paper piecing, FABULOUS!!

Leslie said...

Beeeeeeeautiful, elegant, lovely! Love her dress, her champagne, the flower, everything!

Megan said...

I love how you cropped this image!! Darling card.

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

Love this Karen! Perfect image choice!

Messy said...

So cute! Love your stamp and paper combo!

Christina Fischer said...

This is fabulous! Love her dress, and that drink looks veeery tasty! Thanks so much for including me in this fun hop! :)

Dana White said...

Oh this is fabulous - LOVE the paper & of course it's the perfect image for Wendy!!

Melody said...

Darling card! Love the colors and how you cropped the glass. Thanks for organizing and including me in the birthday hop!

Unknown said...

Cute card, the dress makes me think of the old days!

Barbara said...

Fabulous card, Karen! Love that paper! Thanks so much for including me in the hop!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card for a dear friend on her birthday.
perderg@q.com

Michele Boyer said...

Isn't she SO pretty in her fancy dress! Love it!

Thanks so much for asking me to join in on Wendy's birthday hop!

Pauline said...

Love this card Karen!

Eva said...

Karen, this is such an adorable Birthday card....Love the way you stitched your border!

Michele Kovack said...

Such a cute card! Love her paper pieced dress and the sweet flower!

paula tracy williamson said...

ohhh, LOVE her Karen. The cropping of the image is so cool, love that touch!

Stephenie said...

Beautiful card! This Blog Hop is a wonderful Birthday gift for Wendy!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous Karen! Love the papers! You've colored up this image so beautifully! What a sweet way to celebrate Wendy! :D

Charlene Austin said...

OK there is not a better stamp for Wendy's b-day card. I love that extra large glass of wine. You are awesome for putting this hop together. I'm just starting the hop now that I'm home. LOVE that felt flower.....I am almost positive Wendy bought that die for me and now I have to go check!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for organizing this party!!

Carolina said...

Adorable in every way Karen - you are seriously rockin' MFT stamps and what a beautiful card to send to Wendy!

Custom Patches said...

Happy Birthday 007!

Lynn Put said...

This is fabulous Karen! I love the out of the box glass and her pretty paper pieced dress!

Jodi Collins said...

OOOH! Out of this world girlie! LOVE this layout and the papers are perfect with this a la mode!

Nancy said...

Perfect a la mode for Wendy! You are such a good friend to so many of us. ;) Hope Wendy enjoyed her hop. Fabulous take on the sketch!

Custom Patches said...

The girly accent is very nice. I love your fab card!

Gabby said...

Great card! I like the layout, paper choices, trim, and the paper pieced dress is so dang fun! :)

Unknown said...

Holy CROW! I love the way you cut the image, and the drawing around the edge. LOVE LOVE LOVE this.

Ann Kranitz said...

LOVE your mix of papers!!! What a great combo

Deanna said...

Gorgeous card, I am sure Wendy loved it!

Silver MLM said...

Fabulous card!
Silver MLM