Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jolinne With Sprinkles {MFTWSC4}

It's time for this week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club, MFTWSC4. The weekly sketch is posted each Wednesday at midnight on the MFT Blog and in the MFT Forum on Splitcoast, as well as in the weekly newsletter.
There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC4. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
I decided to use today's sketch to add to my stash of birthday cards. I've had this sweet Jolinne-Sprinkles On Top set for some time now and this sketch seemed to be calling her name. 
She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I added some clear rhinestones for the sprinkles but coloured them pink with my R85 marker. I adore the new Rosette dies from MFT and I couldn't resist using one here. It's the perfect backdrop for Jolinne. I used the 3/8" Rosette die-namic, and by the way, Jody's Sticky Dots are the perfect adhesive to hold the rosette together! I pulled these fun colours right from my KI Memories Paisley Parade paper but I ended up using one of the tone on tone patterns. I adhered the rosette to some brown that I cut with the largest of the Spellbinders eyelet circles. 
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you!


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

15 comments:

Eva said...

Karen, this is such a fun card and I ADORE your color combo on this!!!

StampOwl said...

super cute

Arlene said...

What a fun card Karen, I love it! :-)

Sherman Unkefer said...

C U T E!

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable! Love how you placed her over the rosette you created! Fantastic!

Christina Fischer said...

This is FUN! Love the rosette and the bling! :)

Anonymous said...

First, love the colours!!! And how you put her on the new Die, wicked girl! Great job!

Tinkerbeth said...

So cute! I can't wait to try putting an image over the rosette! Pretty colors, too!

Dana White said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE - brilliant layering her on the rosette

Leslie said...

How cute is that and what a CLEVER interpretation of the sketch!!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

How CUTE is this! LOVE this Jolinne and how she is sitting on the rosette (LOL!). Super fab girlie!

Barbara said...

Love how you incorporated the rosette, Karen! What a fun card!

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen so ADORABLE!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very cute!! Love it!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Great idea with the rosette behind this image. Just adorable