Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Little Announcement and Getting Sketchy with MFT

I have some super happy news to announce!!! It was announced on the MFT blog yesterday but in case you missed it, I'm now a member of the MFT Challenge Team!!! Woooo Hooooo!!!! Lucky me!!!! I {heart} my MFT stamps so there was no way I was going to say no to an opportunity to use them more often!

This all happened pretty quickly though and I ran out of hours in the day to be 'on time' with my card for this week's Wednesday Stamp Club...so here I am...24 hours later...but better late than never, eh? :-)

The other big change to the MFT WSC is that it's going to be a weekly sketch now. Hooray!!!!! Here are a few details you'll want to know:

MFT is super excited to announce that Wednesday Stamp Club will now be centered around a weekly sketch.  We know your stamping time is precious, and we want you to maintain as much creative freedom as possible.  Sketches are the perfect starting point to a card.  Use it as a blueprint, and create a card using the stamp set and supplies that strike your fancy.  You can turn to the sketches time and again for creative inspiration.

A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday at midnight on the MFT blog.  You'll also find the sketch in the MFT forum on Splitcoast on Wednesday morning, as well as in the weekly newsletter.  Our talented Challenge and Design Teams will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

We encourage you all to play along, and to enter your card in the weekly draw for a $15 gift voucher to the MFT Boutique.  Simply follow the sketch and create a card or other paper creation.  You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish.  Each week, a keyword is assigned to the sketch.  All you need to do to enter, is upload your card to the gallery at SCS, and enter the given keyword in the keyword box, during the upload process.  After the deadline, we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher.  If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!  That is up to $100 per month in prizes, JUST for playing along.  We hope you'll join us in 2011. This week's keyword is MFTWSC1, so get stamping and join the fun!!!

Here's the card I made using one of the newest A la Modes, Cheers. The card actually turned out to be way more 'romantic' than I'd intended but I just LOVE the result. I wasn't trying for romantic, and I don't think I could have done it any better if I did try!

The patterned papers are October Afternoon Cherry Hill. I gave the champagne glass a couple coats of clear glaze pen to make it look glassy. I used my jumbo scallop die-namic on the polka dot strips across the top and added an off white felt rolled rose (the rolled rose die-namic is currently out of stock) to finish the details. 

To view the entire list of design team participants, please head over to Kim's blog

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Woot Woot!! So excited!! Your card is beautiful, Karen! Look at that beautiful bow!

Dana White said...

Here's to you my friend - as I told you when we chatted CONGRATS!! Your card is fabulous

Monique said...

Congratulations Karen!! You will be a big asset to their team!!Love this card & Great sentiment short and right to the point!! Here's to you Karen..Cheers!!

Janet said...

COngrats:) have fun!! :)
hugs

Lynn Put said...

Big congrats Karen!!! I'm happy for you! Your card is fabulous! I love the paper pieced dress, all the pretty swirls and the wonderful felt flower!

Unknown said...

Congrats Karen!! You're perfect for the team!! Awesome card!! :)

Barbara said...

Awesome, awesome card, Karen! Welcome to the MFT family!

Leslie said...

Congratulations!! You know I have long admired your talent and wonderful cards. I’m so happy for you and us……getting to see more loveliness on your blog! Love your card today too - she is soooo romantic!

Denise Marzec said...

Whooooo-hoooooooo! HUUUUGE CONGRATS, girl! I looooooove your card. I saw it on SCS and just had to jump over here to comment on it....it's GORGEOUS! Love the girl cut outside the oval and that is one SWEEEEET, white bow.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't commented yet? Am I a boob or what, well, again....WOOT WOOT TO YOU!!! Can't wait to create with ya ho! Love this card you did too, I haven't gotten her yet (almost a month, frigin shipping!)

Jessie/knightrone said...

SO pretty!! Love it!!