Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sweet Sunday Hello

***** please scroll down for my MFT teaser post or click here *****

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC186.

I really loved the colours Cindy used on this card earlier in the week so I shamelessly cased her idea. Thanks Cindy! :-)


I used a bunch of new products from My Favorite Things on my card today, which will all be available on June 11th at 10pm EST. I started with a card base of the new Primitive White card stock then added a layer of Blu Raspberry.

I split the Kraft layer into two sections, as per the sketch, and used some new stamps to add a different pattern to each section. I used the Art Expression Text on the top piece and the small dots from Washi Patterns on the bottom piece, stamping both with Kraft Premium Dye Ink. I used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics to cut out the Sno Cone flag.

The circle element was super fun to create. First I used the Circle 1 STAX Die-namics to cut out the Primitive White circle. Using Blissful Butterflies I stamped different butterflies with Sno Cone Premium Dye Ink, Blu Raspberry Premium Dye Ink, and Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink. Then I used the Blissful Butterflies Die-namics to cut out the large butterfly and stamped it with Blu Raspberry Premium Dye Ink. I stamped the sentiment with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. Then I broke out the new Washi Patterns stamp set and Washi Tape Die-namics to create the two horizontal pieces. So fun!

On the inside I stamped a sentiment from All Smiles and added a few more butterflies.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around to see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created with this week's sketch.
Dana White (she's taking this week off)
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro (she's taking this week off)
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put (she's taking this week off)
Melissa Hubert
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:
(note: links to the new products will be live after June 11th at 10pm EST)




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous, Karen! Love those colours too! May need to case you both ;)

Those new washi dies are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, I love the colours you used, awesome! I can't wait to see all the new stuff on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Great card!! Love the shades of aqua!!! They are my faves!!! Those new butterflies are on my list --!! :)) :))

Karen Giron said...

Stunning, Karen! I love the pop of yellow with the blues and the background stamping is perfection!

Tracy said...

Karen this is FANTASTIC!!! I love how you always use a pop of color. I *need* this new butterfly set. These colors look fabulous together too!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Hi Karen, love the colors on this and that sweet butterfly!!! Super cute!!!

Sabrina said...

WOW!! Very pretty!

Shannon White said...

OMGosh!! How Cheery and Fun is this!! Love your Fun custom stamped BG'sand the Sweet butterflies too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Dana White said...

Those butterflies are fabulous. Gorgeous card