Thursday, June 13, 2013

Masculine Birthday

I have a clean and simple masculine birthday card to share today, that I made using supplies from My Favorite Things. This card is going to be hand-delivered, so I knew I could ramp up the dimension just a little, but I still kept the card nice and clean to help with the masculine feel. I don't know why, but I associate masculine cards with cleaner, more streamlined design.


I started with a card base of Sweet Tooth, then I added a strip of Blu Raspberry along the bottom. I chose a sentiment from By the Numbers and stamped it with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. Then I used the Postage Border Die-namics to cut out the Sour Apple piece and stitched it to a strip of Wild Cherry.

I chose three patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Out of the Blue collection and rolled them into candles, tucking a piece of Hemp Cord in the center of each.

I added the row of stars from Document It - Hello My Name Is, stamped with Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink, in the top left corner for added interest (and because I knew which sentiment I was using on the inside, so it all ties in).

On the inside I stamped "you're a STAR" with Blu Raspberry Premium Dye Ink. This image is part of the Bold Statements stamp set which is the current Triple Scoop set, so you'll earn the set free with a qualifying $60 order.  I added another row of stars then stamped "happy birthday" from Document It - Bingo using Wild Cherry Premium Dye Ink.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Patrice said...

Impressive - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-224.html

Debbie Carriere said...

Oh, Karen, I love this! So bright and cheery!

Unknown said...

So bright and cheerful! okay i typed that before I saw the comment above i promise! But it is true! This card looks like it was alot of fun to make.