Sunday, June 9, 2013

MFTeaser - Just Be Happy and a Tip

Welcome to day six of seven fabulous days of MFT teasers!

You don't have long to wait now for all the new products. Everything will be available in the MFT Boutique tomorrow, June 11th at 10pm EST. Also, My Favorite Things is giving away one $75 gift voucher for EACH teaser day so hop over to the MFT Blog and check it out.

I made a pretty clean and simple card today, using Chalkboard Greetings, Wendy Burns Designs You're So Special to Me, and the Chalkboard Frame Builder Die-namics.


I started with a card base of the new Primitive White...I just can't get enough of this new cardstock! I was going for an authentic chalkboard look so I used a piece of Black Licorice for the sentiment panel. I lined up the sentiment from Chalkboard Greetings and the two flower elements from You're So Special To Me onto one acrylic block and stamped them all at the same time with versamark ink. I embossed the image with white embossing powder, then I used a ruler and a white pencil to add a frame element around the image.

The "wood" frame was super fun to create using the Chalkboard Frame Builder Die-namics. There's a big range of sizes in this set of dies so you can create frames for pretty much anything. I cut the frame pieces out of Natural card stock then I used the woodgrain stamp from Western Backgrounds, stamped with Kraft Premium Dye Ink, to give the frame the look of wood. I wanted the edges of the frame to have a little more definition so I inked them with Kraft Premium Dye Ink.

Frame Tip:
I wanted to make sure the corners of my frame were nice and tight so I used the Photo Corners Die-namics to cut out four Natural photo corners and adhered them behind the frame. This was an easy way to assemble the frame and it keeps the corners tight. Plus it gives the corners a little more stability, which I like since I knew I'd be mounting the frame on foam tape.

Once the frame was done I wanted a floral accent so I used the Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose Die-namics to cut out some Razzle Berry felt. I backed the two base layers of the rose with Razzle Berry card stock so I could shape the petals a little but just used felt for the rolled center. I used the Royal Leaves Die-namics to cut out the Sour Apple leaves.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from Chalkboard Greetings with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink and added one of the floral elements from You're So Special, stamped with Razzle Berry Premium Dye Ink.

Be sure to hop over to the MFT Blog for a list of today's participating designers and for prize info.

Here are the supplies I used:
(note: links to the new products will be live after June 11th at 10pm EST)



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

26 comments:

Gypsy 2 said...

Thanks for the tip about the frame dienamic!!Love your card.

Cyndi said...

Love how you combined stamp elements for your card.

Kim O'Connell said...

Smart tip on the frame! Pretty card as always!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love how you used the corners to lift the frame.

Tricia T said...

What a great post! I like the way you added the flowers to the greeting, and the tip about the photo corners, and how you added cardstock to some of the flower petals. Thanks!!

Tricia

morentin1326 said...

what an awesome creations... I just love how you used it... this hop is awesome... can't wait till release day...
morentin1326
ATaol
DOTcom
adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

Jami said...

Saucy, this is GORGEOUS! I love it!

Unknown said...

sweet, adorable card - love the colors. Great Job!

Maria said...

Oh, what a FAB card! It looks like a real chalk board with stunning frame! Great job...love it!

wendy said...

Stunning card Karen...terrific sentiment gorgeous frame and flower!

K. Joy said...

Gorgeous!! I love seeing all these different chalkboards! :)

Sabrina said...

Beautiful chalkboard card!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love how you framed the wonderful sentiment.

slbt17 said...

wonderful card - love these greetings!
Sandra ltb

Kim said...

Love your chalkboard. It's beautiful and I love the distressing on the frame.

Tracey said...

Beautiful! Love the felt flower!

mplsbetty said...

Gorgeous card. The flower is such a great touch.

Mynn xx said...

This is SUCH a fabulous card! LOVE the amazing felt bloom on the top--the bright pink really POPS! And the "wood" frame is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at TTT! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Karen!!! Love your frame and large flower!! Thanks for the tip too! Will use that :)

Kimberly S. said...

FANTASTIC tip!!! Love your card! That flower is so bright and beautiful! LOVE it!!

Unknown said...

Super cute Karen! I love the frame surrounding your chalkboard & great sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

Katy said...

This is so clever! I love the frame and faux chalkboard on a the card. And the flower is really pretty-great color. Thank you for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! Is is ok to show your card on our Facebook page? :)

Adrienne Crist said...

This is a really beautiful card! I love your felt flower! Thanks for sharing with us at Technique Time Tuesday this month! Blessings, Adrienne DT

Rocky said...

That frame really finishes it off, it looks just like a chalk board! Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday.

Unknown said...

Omg! I thought I left a comment earlier! I LOVE this! Your chalkboard technique is fantastic! That yummy flower and beautiful frame are the perfect finishing touches. Thanks so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday!

Louise van Vuren said...

Wow, that frame really sets off your chalkboard. Beautiful flower too. Thanks for playing along with TTT

Louise xx